AR15 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a buddy who lives back in Mass and he is allowed to own hi cap mags for his AR but they have to be pre-ban.

I know it's stupid but what do you want. At least he can carry.

So I bought some used mags off of Arfcom so I could give them to him for Christmas.

I got them today and most of them are in good shape.

The thing is they don't have dates on them but are obviously older.

I have new C-Products mags that don;t have any date stamps.

So how can you tell?

Also are you allowed to refinish preban mags?

Thankfully I can buy all the 30 round GI mags I want in SC and cheap too.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I can get brandnew ones at base clothing/sales over on lejeune for 9.05 a pop with no taxes. They have no stamps on them either. They don't even have mauf. stamps on them. I'm not real sure how you are sopoused to tell the diffrence between pre and post ban mags. Are they even allowed to import hi-cap mags even if they are preban???

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can't. If caught with the mags, some jackass may ask you to show a receipt to proved they were bought before a ban, or they will "confiscate" the mags.

The gun makers are smart. No dates on mags is the way to go.

OS

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
guess what??? don't buy him hk mags, or pmags (which is a pity I'll admit) and your good to go. Remember magpuls anti titl followers are an adaption of pre existing mags.... sooo they are good to (Check your laws but for the clinton ban it was true)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well these definately don't look new so I guess that is one way to get by the law.

I just bought 13 brand new date stamped mags for $7.50 each and that included shipping.

Gotta love free states.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm in NY state and we have the same stupid law. I go to the gun shows, find some 20rd. mags, look them over for any sort of date stamp and ask "these are pre-ban, right?" Then i buy them.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I went and looked at them again and they feel like steel.

They are definately shiney from being worn but the lips are all in good shape.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts