Professional Ordnance Carbon 15 with a broken bolt. | AR15 Forums

Professional Ordnance Carbon 15 with a broken bolt.

Discussion in 'AR Talk' started by Big J, Dec 26, 2009.

1. Big J

Big J Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I recently aquired one of these to tinker with. Yes I know nobody likes them but its something to do. It has a broken bolt. I called Bushmaster and they said it would require a new barrel and bolt. The original bolt has a different head then a regular AR bolt. Otherwise its the same. Instead of being squared off teeth they are rounded. I stuck in a bolt out of one of my other rifles and it slides in and out of the lugs fine, it twists right into the lugs like its supposed to. I'm wondering what would happen if I tried to fire it like this. Or should I just break down and buy a new barrel and bolt? Or maybe just a barrel extension and a new bolt? I'd like to keep the barrel on it, its stainless and fluted with a nice detatchable muzzle break on it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Huntinfool

Huntinfool Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Bushmaster just told a buddy of mine he'd have to do the same get new bolt and barrel. They said it wasn't chambered for 5.56 it was only chambered for .223 he's been shooting Mil-Surplus in it and it's cracked.

So if you barrel is chambered for .223 only well...you know what I mean it may be better to go ahead and get the new stuff so you won't have to worry about it and you can shoot whatever ammo you have.

~HF~

3. Big J

Big J Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've put a standard AR bolt in it (had to give it some love) and it runs great. I just won't run any 5.56. Got all .223 anyways, lol. Thanks for the info. Tell your buddy he can get a bolt and then a new barrel extension put on his existing barrel and he'll be ready to rock. Thats what I'll end up doing. Mine has the neat stainless fluted barrel with the break that comes off like a air hose connection.