AR15 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get some extra mags and was wondering what you guys recommend for 20 rounders? I live in MD so I can't go any more than 20 rnds and there are so many brands I want to get it right the first time.

So what do you guys recommend?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my favorite 20 rnd mags are the old ones with the alloy follower :cool:
put new springs in them and you're GTG

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
AR-Stoner makes the curved-body aluminum 20-rounders, I had one with my AR-15 that worked great. Just sold the AR and the mag went with it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
From my understanding, Cproducts and Stoner mags are one in the same with the difference being the floorplate.

Even have the welds in the same exact places.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Which followers should I look for? The mag I have now looks like its plastic, its green.

midwayusa.com has the stoner mags, one with an unmentioned follower for $12.79 vs. an aluminum magpul follower for $17.99. Is that aluminum follower worth it?

Do the plastic followers have feeding problems?

What are PMAGS?

I bought a tapco mag at a gun show last week and the guy that sold it to me said thats the company that makes the bushmaster mags. Is there any truth to this? I'm glad I only bought 1 because the prices online are a little better.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I bought like 10 of them a while back used for something like $5-7 each. Keep an eye out for used ones, they're the best deal.

All were gov't contractor manufacture and very worn but all functioned 100%.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
44mag.com has stainless steel cproduct mags both 20 and 30's for $12.95. Magpugl followers too! Great mags, I have some.

next stop, 20 round pmags to accompany the 30's :eek:

too pad MagPul doesn't make xd mags...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My answers in red

Which followers should I look for? The mag I have now looks like its plastic, its green.

Green are current mil-issue. magpul followers are better IMHO, but probably not by much. The green are better than the black because of the extended legs on them which help keep the follower from tilting downward when a new round is cycling, thus reducing failure to feeds.

midwayusa.com has the stoner mags, one with an unmentioned follower for $12.79 vs. an aluminum magpul follower for $17.99. Is that aluminum follower worth it?

Not to me.

Do the plastic followers have feeding problems?

see above

What are PMAGS?

Magpul Polymer Magazine--These are great mags

I bought a tapco mag at a gun show last week and the guy that sold it to me said thats the company that makes the bushmaster mags. Is there any truth to this?

I don't think so, but I may be wrong there. Tapco makes a lot of things, but I don't remember them making any mags. If they do, they aren't memorable or anything special that stuck out to me.

I'm glad I only bought 1 because the prices online are a little better.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the help guys.

I'll probably grab a couple from the link above and keep an eye out for those PMAGS

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The Pmags are definitely the cats a$$ when it comes to magazines IMO.

Anyone have info on some good 10 round mags? I got some Colt (at least they are supposed to be Colt, no tell tale markings) a week or so ago.

Problem is:

1. The magazine will not seat into the magazine well unless the bolt is
open, I cannot insert a magazine at all on a closed bolt.

2. The bolt carrier group will not pass over the feed-lips of the magazine,
to allow a round to be chambered.

Any scoop on whether or not their will be any 10 round Pmags?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I haven't had word on when the 20 round Pmags will be available but I think/hope it will be soon. I plan on getting some.

I use and like the old style 20 round GI mags with the aluminum follower.

I have a 10 round mag I got from CProducts. It works great but I usually use the 20 round mags.

I've never heard about 10 round Pmags. They don't talk about unreleased products so it's possible. I think it's unlikely though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
all I have is cproducts mags from 44mag.com I just ordered 7 (5-30s 2-20s) more this weekend they just shipped out today, for 9.99 you cant beat them, and 44mag dont charge an arm and leg for shipping it was only 6.50 for shipping, I should have them mid week, there really fast.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts