AR15 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, well... first off, merry CHRISTmas to you, hope everyones day was great, i got a few goodies here and there, the things im playin with now are my new AR tools.
I just got your baisic armorers wrench so im kinda strippin my gun down and lookin at all the goodies i never really saw before, pretty cool really, the only thing i really took apart before was the bolt and stuff... anyways, it got me thinkin... i have always wanted to take my front buis down to a smaller one, or buy one that has a mount for a flip up, and im thinkin once i got it apart now, should i just dremmel the sucker down? and get a flip up one for the handguard? or just do it the right way and buy a BUIS with a pic' mount? i have the EOtech, so i use the rear BUIS to co whit' but i honestly dont really use the front... anyone done any playin around with this? any ideas? hurry before i do something rash!! hehe

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
I haven't done anything like that yet, but I'm throwing the idea around, too, of taking off my FSB and adding a gas block and a flip up front sight. I think it looks tacticool. :cool:

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
And its easy too. Ive done it twice now.

Some flip sights work better then others. Post what you would use and i can "help" you see if it will work perfectly or not.

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
i have the EOtech, so i use the rear BUIS to co whit' but i honestly dont really use the front...

What are you co-witnessing with if you don't use the front sight ? ;)

Unless you are going to change to a longer railed handguard that would extend past the existing gas port, removing the FSB and adding a gasblock and flipup front sight is just asking for problems to show up.

This is just my opinion, you may do as you please :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts