AR15 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, you guys know I've got my rails coming to me as a Christmas present. I've been trying to decide which type of cover I should get. It's probably a silly question, but is there any advantage to either the ladder or solid panel? I think I like the ladder style more, but the solid is growing on me a bit, too.

I'm not even gonna start with which color(s) to go with! Oye... :-D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I prefer ladders for looks.

I also prefer ladders becauase they are easy to cut down to size for different length rails and in case you want to add a light or something.

Lastly I prefer ladders because even if you do cut them and have mulitiple panels on one side, they all look like one piece. Where as panels they look like multiple pieces.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have both types :D

My KAC RAS that I got from Woo wears KAC panels.
I have KAC panels on one Surefire M73 and ladders on the other.
The MI 2 piece wears ladders cause it is a FAT handguard :lol:
Just depends on what "look" you want.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay, thanks fellas. I think that's kinda what I had going on in my head. :)

My real decision is whether or not to keep my Black Rifle...black! I kinda like that tan coloring. I might have to browse that AR Picture thread again and get some ideas. :cool:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'd say it depends on how much stuff you're traversing through when you use it.
IE: Hunting in thick brush, smooth is gonna be your silent friend.

Range gun, pimp it out.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got ladder covers for my rails and I really like them alot. Very low profile and very functional.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For me it was a diameter issue. Most panels will make the forend larger. Primarily I use ladders, on the support AR 20" I use both.. ladders on the top and bottom because of the lower profile and regular MP panels on the sides.

If you got the MI rails (if my Monday morning memory is working) then I'd say ladder panels.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The ladders do look better - I have them on my PS90 rails.

Howevcer - on a quadrail AR - the larger panel ones are a bit more comfortable to hold if you don't have a foregrip mounted up front.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts