AR15 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so I am getting a streamlight tl3 the 214 lumens version. I am wanting to put it on my Ar. I was looking for some suggestions on the best way to mount it. here is the ar

This is one option i was thinking of.

this is a second option instead of thumb control on back it is trigger controled

or a regular mount with a regular vertical grip. any experiance with any of the options. more options i have not mentioned? Thanks in advance.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've got a 45* mount on my GG&G quad rail forearm that I have a Glock Tactical light stuck on. Works alright. If you have a rail on there already and a rail mounted light for you pistol it will work.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah I have a tlr 1 for my xd ( well its currently on my ak) but the handheld lights seem to be a little bit grighter dont they?? I ordered the streamlight tl3 and will get to see it tuesday. wil make final decision then

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Check your dimensions on the foregrip flashlight mount. The TL3 is kind of long and thin with a big head. It is over 6 inches long but less than an inch in diameter. If your flashlight mount is looking for a one inch tube, the TL3 won't fit without an adaptor of some kind. Note that it has a pretty big head... somewhere between 1.5 and 2". Make sure that you have clearance for the flashlight head.

It is a very bright light and very rugged. It takes 3-CR123A's but DON'T try to run RCR123A rechargeables in it or you will likely fry the bulb. The TL3 does not strobe unfortunately. Nevertheless it is a solid flahlight and still gives very high brightness for the buck.
:cool::cool::cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts