AR15 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to sight in my new Millet DMS 1-4x.

Since this is both a CQB and medium distance optic what is the best distance to zero in at?

On iron sights I typically zero for 50/200 yards and on scopes I zero at 100 yards usually.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i guess it depends on what it's being mounted on. If it's pistol caliber, 50 yds, if rifle caliber 100 yds

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I go with what Uncle Sam trained me to do. I zero all of my AR's to 100m, both optics and irons. I have zero issue with 1x optics sub 100m.. but the other ranges can be considered valid too. Just depends on what you're intended target ranges are.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the comments.

It is a 16" Bushie and I will be shooting 223/556 out of it.

This is my range/3 Gun/kick around AR.

Ideally I would like it suited for 3 Gun where I will be shooting anywhere from arms length to 100+ yards.

My irons sighted in at 50/200 is what I am used to but I wasn't sure what I want yet with this setup.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I always zero scoped rifles 1.5" high at 100 usually it will put the bullet right under the cross hairs at 200.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i guess it depends on what it's being mounted on. If it's pistol caliber, 50 yds, if rifle caliber 100 yds
I disagree a 100 yard 0 on a .223 means you will have to compensate for bullet drop past 100 yards. If you use a 50 yard 0 (which is the most commonly recommended today) you will be dead on at 225 as well and you will not have to compensate for range until you are past that point. You will only be a few inches high at 100.
Pat

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice post:cool:
that article applies to low mount deer rifles.

If you are talking a battle rifle with a standard ar15 hi-scope mounts, you zero at 50 meters. It is called the improved battle zero. A 50 meter zero will cross again at 200 meters. In between 50 and 200 meters the bullet will always be a tad high, below 50, a tad low, and past 200 lower and lower and lower, the further past 200 it goes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts