AR15 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for a throw lever mount to mount an ACOG type optic to a flat top

and I am looking for any good recommendations. As I mentioned above prefferrably a throw lever mount becuse shiite happens.

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
I've had the screw type mount like that and the ARMS mount and now the LaRue mount. The LaRue is the best IMO. I wish someone else made a really good mount like the LaRue, as LaRue's conduct in a few cases on other websites has been pretty ****ty and downright mean. They have talked an INCREDIBLE amount of crap about other mount makers and pretty much anyone that stands up for someone else. They need to just stick to machining stuff and answering direct questions.

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
+1 on LaRue stuff.

f0cker, post some links to the other threads as I am interested in reading them.

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
ARMS, GG&G, LaRue

Watch the Optics section in the EE on ar15.com

LaRue lever mounts show up for around $100+

but why on a Facog ? :p

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
+1 on LaRue stuff.

f0cker, post some links to the other threads as I am interested in reading them.

It was on ARFCOM, the first thread that comes to mind is the American Defense Mounts thread. Basically a butthurt LaRue kool-aid drinker made a thread mad at ADM for making Aimpoint mounts that were like LaRues, except they used a completely different latch style (drastically different), added more screws to hold the Aimpoint in place, changed the design a bit, and added holes to make the mounts lighter. Granted, the pictures ADM had were similar to the pictures from LaRue, but the mounts were easily recognizable and different. LaRue proceeded to bash anyone that defended ADM, and if someone came in and said that LaRue took ARMS mounts and improved them like ADM was trying to do, LaRue bashed them even more. Search for it over there, it was funny to read. They make great mounts but are too used to kool-aid drinkers only supporting them and are afraid of competition.

That's it in a nutshell. :mrgreen:

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
but why on a Facog ? :p
Not necessarily a facog, just a convenient pic to show the type of base I need to mount. If it ends up being a facog it will be because I have a family to feed on one income.

eta- thx for the recommendations for mounts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts