AR15 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this isn't exactly an AR related post, though in a roundabout way, it is, but goes deeper to firearms in general.

We know Cerberus bought out Remington (which we know do now produce AR15's, and hence is why I'm posting it in the AR section as a loophole).

From my info (American Firearms Industry Quarterly), Remington purchased the Marlin Co./ North Haven CT late December 2007. The purchase price is not disclosed in the article, and Marlins' website states this will also affect H&R, NEF, and LC Smith line of firearms. http://www.marlinfirearms.com/news/press.aspx#remington

Moderators, I understand this is the AR section, but with all the shuffling of ownership of major American Firearms companies to a European bottom line (especially the same group of investors) is just raising all sorts of red flags in my opinion and I wanted to give you guys a heads up about yet, another acquisition.

Since Cerberus owns Remington, and Remington now owns Marlin and several other companies, I would feel it is safe to say that the Marlin company strings will be pulled in just the same directions that DPMS, Bushmaster, and Remingtons will be.

Having so many once AMERICAN firearms companies being controlled by outside influences concerns me.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One company owning so many firearm manufactures is nerve racking... Callit a conspiracy but just imagine if they wanted to start closing some doors... Who owns Winchester now?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't blame the guy buying an American company. blame the greedy American that sells out to a foreigner. No one told Marlin they had to sell to a foreign group.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts