AR15 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went to the range today with my new stag lefty. tried a few different rounds: wolf, federal and remington. noticed that the wolf ejected around 7 o'clock where federal and remington ejected around 9 o'clock. why is that?

anyways i loaded my first magazine of remington and after 4 rounds i pull the tigger, nothing happened. safely cleared the gun and looked at the round that was in the chamber to find it was .222 not .223! i checked the rest of the box (200 count) and they were correct.

what do you think? should i contact remington and voice my concern or just let it go?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
should i contact remington and voice my concern or just let it go?

I would be all over that one! :shock: Get on the horn with them pronto!

That could have been bad. Although I am an AR newb in the middle of my first build, I would think that could have caused some issues if the round went off.

Kent

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Different ejection pattern might be the steel cases of the Wolf.

Was the problem round headstamped with .222 ? That's very strange, I'd give them a call.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
headstamped .222 it did kinda freak me out as to what could have happened if it had gone off. especially with the amount of ppl at the range today.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You should contact them. I would want to tell them of the mistake and they will probably send you more ammo or some kind of refund for your trouble.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i've been using the umc in my 45, although i've never had that problem; i have noticed a lot more of cracked brass coming out.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
accidents do happen. I'd probably call them.

As for ejecting, could be the steel case or the weaker ammo cycling differently.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well called remington today. they gave me an address to ship the problem round and my information. said they would replace it with a whole new box! :p wish i could have this problem all the time

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well called remington today. they gave me an address to ship the problem round and my information. said they would replace it with a whole new box! :p wish i could have this problem all the time
Thats easy enough.. Just go and buy a box of .222... then every box that they send you for your troubles, just call them back and send them another .222 round.

I think they might catch on to that one real quick though... Not to mention the legality of it all.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Did you know the M16 was originally chambered for .222. Well you got a free box out of it although it was a dangerous lesson. The round may not have hurt your gun if it would have fired but then again who knows.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts