AR15 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to remove my front sling attachment to install a bi-pod. it is a hex key, but I use a Hex key and it just turns and turns, but does not loosen.

I tried to turn and pull it out with some needle nose, but it doesn't budge. Any ideas:?:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm trying to remove my front sling attachment to install a bi-pod. it is a hex key, but I use a Hex key and it just turns and turns, but does not loosen.

I tried to turn and pull it out with some needle nose, but it doesn't budge. Any ideas:?:
please show us a picture of it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that is not a hex key. it is a mushroomed rivet.

get a punch that fits inside of the mushroom, and hammer it out.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok first of all you have a rail i would use that. i cant really tell i dont have any expierence with the railed gauards but if that is a free float putting the bipod on the barrel wouldn't be a good idea since it would put pressure on the barrel and thats what a free float is supposed to prevent..
but even if it isnt a free float why not put it on the rail? since thats what they are for and i could be wrong again but to me it seems like it MIGHT have less of an effect on the barrel if it has to flex the rail first and then the rail has to flex the barrel. its one more thing holding the barrel still

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The biggest issue is finding a bi-pod that easily attaches to a rail. Most of them i've seen do not come rail accessible (believe me, I shopped at Midway for a rail model for at least an hour)

ok first of all you have a rail i would use that. i cant really tell i dont have any expierence with the railed gauards but if that is a free float putting the bipod on the barrel wouldn't be a good idea since it would put pressure on the barrel and thats what a free float is supposed to prevent..
but even if it isnt a free float why not put it on the rail? since thats what they are for and i could be wrong again but to me it seems like it MIGHT have less of an effect on the barrel if it has to flex the rail first and then the rail has to flex the barrel. its one more thing holding the barrel still

1 - 9 of 9 Posts