AR15 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Im going to be joining the ar world finally and I want to get something decent but nothing outrageous either.

I was looking at the RRA Entry Tactical. A little over a grand. The cheapest Ive found it is $949.

http://www.rockriverarms.com/item-d...age=entry07.gif&CFID=6571913&CFTOKEN=89267622

I got in contact with Pete at ar15sales and I can save a couple hundred bux if I buy the RRA Entry Tac complete upper and lower (minus stock only) I figured I can save some $$ that way. Is there a specific reason to not build and get a factory rifle over this? I assume that the parts would still have a warranty just like the factory built rifle would but not sure. There is about a month wait on the lower from RRA but I can wait.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that if I get if from ar15sales I will get a chrome lined barrel not chrome moly. Whatever that means.

Anyone have comments on ar15sales?

Anything else I should look into or consider.

Any info or advice at all would be appreciated.

Thanks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
personally i dont see any reason to buy a "good" lower i have a superior arms lower and it was only $89 and i got a cmmg 18" SPR upper and i am VERY happy with it CMMG make great stuff its a 1/8" chrome lined barrel

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
To the OP: If RRA is what you want then get it. I have never seen anyone dissapointed with RRA after purchasing one. In general people seem to be happy with their AR's accross the board for all brands. Whatever you get, make sure it is able to shoot Wolf :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Anyone have comments on ar15sales?

Anything else I should look into or consider.

Any info or advice at all would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Pete's a good guy & he has the lowest RRA prices. I'd skip the Tac Handle & get a regular carry handle instead. The Tac handle is supposed to be for the M series Aimpoints but doesn't properly co-witness with the Tac's iron sights. Most guys end up selling them at a loss on the equipment exchange at ar15.com. (ask me how I know this?:()

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I would go with the RRA. I have a Colt, Armalite and RRA rifles and like the RRA the best. The fit between the upper and lower is very tight and it comes with a 2 stage trigger. Note that RRA is the choice of the DEA and FBI for the simple reason they make the best AR. Regardless of what brand you get, I would stay away from the steel case Wolf ammo. It's not good for your chamber and you take the chance of breaking your extractor.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Not disputeing you at all,I think RRA,Stag,Bushie,Dpms and others are great weapons but government agentcies (SP?) dont always go with the best,"sometimes" the cost is a factor.From what I read in the past of course.:)
I would go with the RRA. I have a Colt, Armalite and RRA rifles and like the RRA the best. The fit between the upper and lower is very tight and it comes with a 2 stage trigger. Note that RRA is the choice of the DEA and FBI for the simple reason they make the best AR. Regardless of what brand you get, I would stay away from the steel case Wolf ammo. It's not good for your chamber and you take the chance of breaking your extractor.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Do they offer that in a POST BAN config for you NY'ers ?
Yes they do. I purchased my RRA through Pete and was able to get a ban compliant model. I ended up getting the Elite midlength (no lug, perm brake that looks very close to an A2 flashhider, and an Ace stock) RRA charges $30 for post-ban versions due to the extra grinding, refinishing, drilling and pinning.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts