AR15 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
OK folks you are all sick of my AR questions.......but.......;)

A couple more.

I can not seem to find a mid-length upper in stock but with Pete from arfcom and legal trasfers. He is offering a RRA upper chrome lined shipped for 449.
What would you do?

After reading the big write up here:http://forums.officer.com/showthread.php?t=81462

They say RRA is not the best....:confused: I was thinking of just waiting for CMMG to get back in stock or Del Ton. Or even just going with a car/m4gery.

So if you have any input on the two go for it.

Kent

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
Many people have RRA with no complaints, myself included. If you are using it for a duty weapon, you may want to go with something different. However it is just to have and for fun, I think you will be ok. Pete is a great guy to deal with. You don't hear many complaints about RRA except from the "AR snobs".

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Mind you, I don't put thousands of rounds through a rifle, or even hundreds. The RRA will most likely be just fine for anything you may need.

Pete is an awesome guy to deal with. I can say I'm a very satisfied customer:

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
I passed the 2K mark on my RRA Carbine with no hiccups.

My bushy is set up as my go-to weapon, with the RRA a close second.

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
The information is not all correct. For example... the RRA has M4 feed ramps and beautifully cut ramps at that. Here are mine.

RU planning to use this rifle as a fighting rifle, target rifle, hunting rifle... something else? Your use determines just how important it is to have 100% compliance to MilSpec. My use as a targewt rifle does not require that every part be MilSpec and that has saved me a lot of $$$ and I am perfectly happy with RRA. It is mucho accurate and reliable.
:cool::cool::cool:

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
I've had no problems in the few times I've shot it since I bought it. I've only run a few hundred rounds through it, though, so I haven't put it through any serious shooting yet.

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys!

My use for the rifle will be as follows:
Plinking
Training
Varmit hunting
Outdoor "home protection"

I'll check back with Pete to see if it has m4 ramps.

Kent

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
You should be able to get a Stag upper from Pete in days or weeks.....as opposed to the RRA, which might take months for just the upper. If you want immediate gratification, pick something other than RRA. I waited a month for my RRA, and waited 4 or 5 days for my recent Stag upper. Although I like the RRA very much, I won't ever wait more than a week or two for one again...when there are other equal or better choices for similar money.

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
You should be able to get a Stag upper from Pete in days or weeks.....as opposed to the RRA, which might take months for just the upper. If you want immediate gratification, pick something other than RRA. I waited a month for my RRA, and waited 4 or 5 days for my recent Stag upper. Although I like the RRA very much, I won't ever wait more than a week or two for one again.
I got an IM from him on ARFCOM saying he has them IN STOCK! :cool:

G

·
Discussion Starter #11
Order one up and post some pics for us!
Yeah, I just price checked against Del Ton. With shipping an upper LPK and stock is $10 more than a Del Ton kit..

I wonder if he is at his order phone......:rolleyes:

I might have to wait untill tuesday.

Kent

G

·
Discussion Starter #12
i have an 18"cmmg and i am VERY happy with it. zero problems besides mags and different problems i caused by messing with it

G

·
Discussion Starter #16
He said call Monday! :razz: I sure will. Now the only thing I need is a flip up rear sight. Hmmmm.

Here is my start of my build. Lower, mags, and ammo! :lol:

G

·
Discussion Starter #18
I love Pete.

Great guy and very good to deal with. I had a hitch with my rifle and it was returned to sender, but he resent it with no extra charges.

G

·
Discussion Starter #19
I don't think that will make any difference for his application. What difference do you think it will really make?
:confused::confused::confused:
The anodizing is what is giving the aluminum its hardnesss so to speak.
Same as with a aluminum framed 1911, you DON'T polish the feedramp.
This is in fact what RRA has done by cutting the "extended" feedramps in after the upper has been anodized.

direct from RRAMODERATOR on the ar15.com Industry forum
http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=38&t=158853

G

·
Discussion Starter #20
He said call Monday! :razz: I sure will. Now the only thing I need is a flip up rear sight. Hmmmm
Sweet! Enjoy the EBRD.:p Plenty of options for your BUIS. Are you going to run optics, if so what kind? That could have some bearing on what BUIS would be best suited.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts