AR15 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the shooting range today with one goal in mind and that was to sight my M&P in and I did get this accomplished. I am very pleased with the way the rifle shot. I was shooting Wolf .223 55 grain hollow point and Wolf .223 full metal jacket ammunition. The original sighting in was done with fmj then I tried my luck with the hp.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And alot of people like to bad mouth Wolf ;) Heck even Wolf is getting to expensive to go blasting with :(
Good shooting :cool:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mine either, i really need to cough of the $$$ and join the OKC gun club, but dang it I don't know if i shoot enough to justify the cost of the membership.

i wish they had a non member per lane fee.

btw nice shooting what firing position were the shots taken from.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was firing from a bench sitting using my arms for support. The 25 yard target I was using a rest to get as tight as a group as I could.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Saggin, nice looking machine.

Gotta comment on the sofa/couch
that is shown in the photo also.

The pattern, is that a LazyBoy outfit?

I only ask because we have an identical
setup and I also favor the sofa/couch to
take my fav pix on also. :)

Ed

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The sofa is a Broyhill. It was given to my wife and I ended up with it in my MAN CAVE (the basement) but it sure beats sitting on the floor and makes a great place to take pictures of my toys.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Guess I'll take a chance and show my possible ignorance but is the scope on correctly? Just seems like most scopes have the larger end towards the business end of the gun.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
indoor or outdoor ?
Do they let you pick up your cases or do they keep them ?
If they keep them, then they don't want to sort the steel from the brass is probably why.
Indoor. They scoop up & keep cases, but they don't have a problem w/ anyone wanting to keep theirs. I've never tried asking to take any from the brass can, but i'd imagine they resell that to local reloaders. Yup, knowing how generally lazy they are around there, I doubt they sort them.

Restrictions listed from their website:
For safety reasons steel core, incendiary, and tracer rounds are not permitted in our range. Rounds traveling at over 4000fps are also not permitted. Shotgun ammunition is limited to 00 buckshot rounds only. The Largest caliber permitted is 300 Win Mag. No pre-loaded magazines. The following brands are no longer permited in our range:
  • Wolf
  • Silver Bear
  • Brown Bear
  • Golden Bear
  • American Ammunition
  • Sellier and Bellot
  • Reloads (Hand loads are permited)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
indoor or outdoor ?

Do they let you pick up your cases or do they keep them ?
If they keep them, then they don't want to sort the steel from the brass is probably why.

its an indoor range

even though i dont reload yet i always police my brass and either trade it toward loaded ammo or just sell the brass to guys on my local forum

I've never asked and they have never said anything about it but i sweep my lane clear before i start shooting though. I wouldn't want someone claiming that i was trying to steal their brass but event them it almost always seems like i end up leaving with more than i shot

i have heard of people claiming at our indoor range that the staff has said something to them about it but i never have experienced it.

Perhaps they were just scooping up everything they could.

I know they have a guy that pays them to come in and sweep the lanes

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nice!

I wish I could shoot Wolf... My range doesn't allow it. :(
After shipping on Wolf, I come out almost as close buying the 250 Value Pack of Federal at the local Wally World. If they don't have it call the 1-800 # and tell them you want it. $56.88

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
After shipping on Wolf, I come out almost as close buying the 250 Value Pack of Federal at the local Wally World. If they don't have it call the 1-800 # and tell them you want it. $56.88

whoa whoa whoa. China-Mart sells the value pack of .223? and its only 56.88? whats the 800 number you speak of?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
HANG ON HANG ON....I double checked and they are Federal 200 round packs and not 250. Still a great price overall. You can call 1-800-Wal-Mart or just go the the website and on the bottom they have a customer service email. Just tell them your local stores and ask for it. The Wal-Mart item number is 998418. The UPC is 2946509810. Like I said my last buy was $56.88 ea. Sorry about causing a stampede.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
HANG ON HANG ON....I double checked and they are Federal 200 round packs and not 250. Still a great price overall. You can call 1-800-Wal-Mart or just go the the website and on the bottom they have a customer service email. Just tell them your local stores and ask for it. The Wal-Mart item number is 998418. The UPC is 2946509810. Like I said my last buy was $56.88 ea. Sorry about causing a stampede.
*emailing WAL*MART

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just be patient. I got a reply after about 3 days. There is a whole thread at Arfcom in the Ammo section for those that visit.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts