AR15 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nightraider said:
From what I've read a while back, its just a regular AR-15 with an inflated price tag.

yeah, i could build one for half what they charge. just another 1911/ AR manufacturer

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
einheit 13 said:
I think there are too many of those now...which ones have gas pistons??
only a couple manufacturers use gas pistons. that would be nice though. no carbon, less heat, and no hot gass in the eye.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nikon777 said:
...and no hot gass in the eye.
:?:

Forgive me, as I've only been shooting ARs for the past 5 years, but you got me on this one. How do you manage to get hot gas blown into your eyes? Is this a safe, proper functioning AR?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
it was sort of a joke. if u know a bit about the history of the m16, the early m16s from the Vietnam era suffered from this at times.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
with the early ammo i imagine it must have found its way/leaked/escaped through the charging handle area.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hobocircus said:
it's not possible, the gasses go into the bolt carrier.
And everywhere else, get some time in on it, more that a couple of thousand and you'll see. Get some wear on the parts.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
einheit 13 said:
hobocircus said:
it's not possible, the gasses go into the bolt carrier.
And everywhere else, get some time in on it, more that a couple of thousand and you'll see. Get some wear on the parts.
yup...

i just spend the better half of the afternoon cleaning my 2 pistols and my AR. what a nasty nasty girl she is :D . had to use my barrel brush to scrub and scrape the carbon off my bolt.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts