AR15 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if SA has explored getting into the AR game? It seems like they could be successful, with their track record of great products and customer service.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I think they have enough irons in the fire. There are so many AR manufactures/builders out there now that I cant see yet another one being worth the companies investment.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's too bad. It's like SA is hell bent on making old equipment haha. 1911's were around WW1, right, and M1A was vietnam era?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would buy one in a heartbeat. I emailed customer service a few years ago after I bought my XD9sc and asked if they were going to make it in 45acp. They said that there were no plans of making it because they didn't want to compete with thier 1911's. Two years later I bought a XD45acp. I hope they make an AR.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think they have enough irons in the fire. There are so many AR manufactures/builders out there now that I cant see yet another one being worth the companies investment.

springfield has M1As and 1911s. they dont need ARs.

I don't think it'd be a profitable venture for them.

I say the more the better. Who was complaining when S&W got into AR's? S&W is selling a bajillion of them, RRA et al are having a hard time keeping up with demand, the biggest segment of the firearm industry experiencing massive growth is black rifle related. No room? BAH!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

I say the more the better. Who was complaining when S&W got into AR's? S&W is selling a bajillion of them, RRA et al are having a hard time keeping up with demand, the biggest segment of the firearm industry experiencing massive growth is black rifle related. No room? BAH!

To spend the money on tooling up for AR production right before an election when an AWB is possible could KILL SA. Right now is not the time to try to spool up for production of something that might not be legal to make from scratch in two years.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts