AR15 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been holding out for months for MEGA recievers, but their funky production runs have finally gotten me to look at other options.

Saber Defence sells a stripped lower now, and I can get one from Rainier for about $130 plus FFL fees. I'm looking for opinions or experience from anyone who might own one or has handled one. This will be my first build, but I'm definitely going all out and using some great parts. If Saber is just a "so-so" product, I'll skip it. Any thoughts or opinions?

Edit: I can also get a Lauer Custom Weaponry stripped lower (made by LMT) for $1 more. This seems like the better option, as LMT makes some great stuff. Given the choice between those two, what would you pick and why?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Any forged lower is as good as the next.
Last I heard LCW had Superior makeing their lowers, I'd check with Rainier to be sure if they still had any of the LMT versions. Nothing wrong with Superior, I have 2 of them, but their finish isn't as "nice" as say Mega, LMT, Stag, ect.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have a superior arms lower that my dad got me a while back for like 79 bucks shipped. i paired it with a 16" model 1 A3 flatop upper and havent had any problems with her.the cool thing is the two holes for a set screw to adjust the trigger from standard GI to match trigger, does not effect weight just travel.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a sabre defence lower. No problems with it. It's mated to an advanced ordnance upper. I paid $150 + tax at a local shop for the stripped lower.

pics of build

1 - 8 of 8 Posts