AR15 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The gap between the "ears" on my trigger guard are sharp. I don't want to sand it because it will ruin the finish. Is there an easy solution to this?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
some aftermarket grips will actually fill in that extra space and help out with the "sharp edges" that you are feeling. Hogue and Ergo both filled up that extra space on my AR.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As said above, a product called "The Gapper" is made just to fill that space. Its a small black rubber thing that slips right in. I think just about any AR-15 supply place will sell it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
some aftermarket grips will actually fill in that extra space and help out with the "sharp edges" that you are feeling. Hogue and Ergo both filled up that extra space on my AR.
Yeah my ergo SG came with a thing to go in there but no instructions. I was like WFT for a while before I figured it out.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's been said, but I like more posts sooo.... go with the gapper.

I had one offered to me once, but mine isn't sharp so it has never been an issue. =)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My local AR pusher has his own line of lowers. His lowers already have this shaved flush before they are finished. Nice extra touch.

Slugger

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i have a hogue grip and it does not fill the gap

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Magpul Enhanced Trigger guard, or the Magpul MIAD grip with built in Trigger guard. Both will eliminate that.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sand it then use aluminum black. You should have a bottle each of liquid blue and aluminum black on your work bench shelf.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts