AR15 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get a spotting scope to take to the range when shooting my AR. I'd like something that will let me see my shots @ 100 to 200 yards.

I'm on a budget and found this Barska for $75.90

Will this get the job done?

any recommendations?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Never used a barska spotter but have played with some of their rifle scopes. At 100-200 yards I imagine pretty much any spotting scope will work fine. Their rifle scopes aren't too bad if you keep in mind that they are pretty cheap.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've have a Celestron 80mm and a shooting buddy of mine has a Konus 80mm they both are pretty identical in resolution, no problem seeing .22 holes a 100 yards which is the max at our range I'm sure they wouldn't have a problem at 200 yards. Optics Planet has good deals on them and shipping is free.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm looking to get a spotting scope to take to the range when shooting my AR. I'd like something that will let me see my shots @ 100 to 200 yards.

I'm on a budget and found this Barska for $75.90

Will this get the job done?

any recommendations?

I've got that one. I haven't used it much but from what I have done with it, it's a good scope for the money. I didn't have a couple hundred to spend on one and this Barska did just what I needed it to.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just don't care for shooting with iron sights. Really enjoy realizing the full accuracy of my AR by using a scope.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If your shooting service rifle like I do, you need a good spotting scope, because you use iron sights.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a $100 on sale Bushnell spotting scope. It's fine so far, distances to 100 yards with .22 cal bullets. I have also read electronic signs up to a mile away with it, and while the optics aren't the best, it gets the job done.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts