AR15 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any experience with their ar's.I ordered an upper and lower today.Will have a complete ar,16 inch chrome lined barrel 1/9 twist,40 arms buis,2 mags for 730.00.After I get it,I'll try to take photos and post a report.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
kart racer said:
Anyone have any experience with their ar's.I ordered an upper and lower today.Will have a complete ar,16 inch chrome lined barrel 1/9 twist,40 arms buis,2 mags for 730.00.After I get it,I'll try to take photos and post a report.
IIRC CMT makes parts for Stag and Rock River so it should be good. :cool:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep, got mine a few weeks ago. Only 200 rounds so far, but worked great. CMT makes Stag, and also parts for RRA, Colt and they also make the new S&W M&P AR. And several others. Haven't heard anything bad about them on AR-15 other than a bunch of people hate the logo.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My upper has had about 2 FTE's in 500 rounds, but that's with crappy Guatemalan surplus ammo. I'm sure with 193 it'd be flawless, or close-to.

Still during the break-in period too.

All in all, VERY satisfied. Very finely machined.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
kart racer said:

I'm still AR shopping so don't know too much about Stag, people seem to like the quality though. Looking forward to seeing the pics, maybe that will get me moving on my own AR ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I built my own, with all Stag parts. I like it so far :)

I failed ot mention, my Stag receiver was from globaltactical, and they put their own stamp instead of the Stag stamp...and no caliber markings.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i have done builds on 2 of their lowers myself and between my friends and I we ordered about a dozen lowers and they all run great look good and the logo is personal prefrence.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Stuff should be here tomorrow or Monday.Bought a 1000 rounds of lake city ammo and some black hills and remington too.Can't wait to try it.Anybody got any suggestions on a traditional style scope?Got invited to go shoot ground hogs and would like a decent scope and mounts,preferably one where I didn't have to remove my buis.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I own a Stag lower receiver, but that's the extent of my experience.

I've heard nothing but good things about them.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
kart racer said:
Where did you get yours. Price sounds really reasonable. Is it coming with the hardcase or in the cardboard box?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just got it yesterday.It came from Kiser Munitions in GA.They're on the euipment exchange forum at ar15.com.Joseph is the guys' name and he's a nice guy.The rifle looks great.I'm gonna be outta town this weekend,so hopefully next weekend I'l be able to check it out.It came in the cardboard box and I had him send 2 d&h mags too.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I personally only use Bushmasters, but I've heard nothing but good things about Stag Arms. I would have no problem owning one. If you're a left hand shooter, they are the only affordable option that I know of.

Good choice and happy shooting! If this is your first AR, be sure to visit ar15.com for lots of good technical info and advice.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have the Stag 16" upper on a RRA lower. Probably my most reliable AR. Only had one time so far that I have had a problem. It was with WOLF ammo ( no I am not a WOLF basher) had a cartridge get stuck in the chamber, first time it ever happened. I have about 1000 rounds through this upper so far, WOLF, RG, BH.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I also got one from Kiser Munitions for $730. The guys name is Joseph and he is an outstanding person. Really helped me thru my first AR. It's a super weapon, even my wife and kids shoot it well. No malfunctions.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Now go to the magazine exchange and get 10 of the CP magazines for $9.90 a piece with the Magpull followers and call it good. These are high quality and the price is right. I already ordered 10 30 rounders and got a free 20 rounder now I'm ordering 10 of the 20 rounders they are the best magazine I've ever used in my Armalite varmiter.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm getting a Stag 15 model 2 with the ARMS 40 rear sight. Should be in next week. Can't wait to start putting on the "accesories".

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
adobeXD said:
I also got one from Kiser Munitions for $730. The guys name is Joseph and he is an outstanding person. Really helped me thru my first AR. It's a super weapon, even my wife and kids shoot it well. No malfunctions.
+1000 on Joseph. That's where I got my Stag for $735 including shipping and 2 D&H mags.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I bought my lefty AR from Joseph also, hes a class act guy. In fact there was a problem with my order, which really was more my fault than his (miscommunication) and he corrected it and even helped me out on another order.

Anyway, Joseph Kiser, check him out at www.ar15.com under the Industry or Equipment Exchange section.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts