AR15 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about getting a Stag Arms M-4 has anyone had any problems out of this gun. I'm new to AR's any help would be appreciated!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just got into ARs recently and my first is a Stag. I love it! I bought a Stag rifle kit from www.ar15sales.com and then bought a Stag lower elsewhere, and put the thing together at home following some online instructions. The rifle kit I got is a 16" chrome lined flat top w/6 pos. stock. It came with an MI flip up rear sight and a fixed front sight.

I've got about 200 rds through it so far and have only had one malfunction. Not bad for brand new I suppose. I put a single point sling on it, and just ordered a tacticool latch for the charging handle, and am shopping for some FF rails for Christmas!

I don't think you'll be upset if you get a Stag. EXCELLENT finish and quality, IMO. :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
stag makes good weapons, my ar has a stag lower, made by cmt who also does rra and colt lowers.

below are the makers of various lower receivers for many companies

LMT = LMT, Lauer, DS Arms, PWA, Eagle, Knights Armament, Barrett
CMT = Stag, RRA, High Standard, Noveske, (new) Century, Global Tactical, CLE, S&W, MGI, Wilson Tactical, Grenadier Precision, Colt
LAR = LAR, Bushmaster, Ameetech, DPMS, CMMG, Double Star, Fulton
JVP = Double Star, LRB
MMS = Mega, GSE, Dalphon, POF, Alexander Arms,
Olympic = Olympic, SGW, Tromix, Palmetto, Dalphon, Frankford, (old) Century
Sun Devil = Sun Devil forged billet receivers
Superior = Superior Arms

posted by RTFM on www.thehighroad.org.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bought a lefthand M1 abuot a mounth ago I have shot about 200 rounds with no problems. My big selling point was them making a left hand model. Still have never heard and thing bad about them. I love mine!:cool:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bought a lefthand M1 abuot a mounth ago I have shot about 200 rounds with no problems. My big selling point was them making a left hand model. Still have never heard and thing bad about them. I love mine!:cool:
I had bought several of the CMMG "Bargain Bin" AR's (all right hand DPMS models, no lefts available) a few months back and gave one of them to my son. He also is left handed and this didn't work too well, so I bought him a Stag 15L. He absolutely loves this gun and it is dead on accurate. He was shooting at a small bore 100 yd target last week using iron sights and put one in the bullseye and the other 29 inside of a 6" circle. Not too shabby for someone who hasn't shot rifles much!

My son's Stag came with a 30 rd mag, hard case, cable lock, BUIS, paperwork, M16 manual, and a Stag T-shirt. The CMMG "Bargain Bin" rifles came with just the rifle and a bill of sale.

(BTW-I contacted DPMS about getting manuals for them and they had me give them the serial #'s. They said that the "K" at the end of the serial # indicated that it wasn't a rifle that left their factory but rather just a lower. They said that that is why there were no sights, paperwork, cases, etc. I'm not knocking CMMG for building rifles using DPMS lowers-the price for the rifles was great! I mention this just in case others had been wondering about the paperwork, etc.)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Love my Stag "Lefty". Absolutely no problems to date after about 1000 rounds. I purchased the complete rifle via a dealer on gunsamerica.com with all the goodies listed in the previous post. $825 + shipping + FFL transfer.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a STAG upper on a Franken AR.. it's been as reliable as my Rock River's and Bushmaster.. talk with Pete at ar15sales.com, he'll square you away.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The CMMG "Bargain Bin" rifles came with just the rifle and a bill of sale.

(BTW-I contacted DPMS about getting manuals for them and they had me give them the serial #'s. They said that the "K" at the end of the serial # indicated that it wasn't a rifle that left their factory but rather just a lower. They said that that is why there were no sights, paperwork, cases, etc. I'm not knocking CMMG for building rifles using DPMS lowers-the price for the rifles was great! I mention this just in case others had been wondering about the paperwork, etc.)
Well before CMMG got to be where they are today, that (DPMS) is who's parts they used to do their builds. So I'll venture to say that is where these "bargin bin" guns come from....left over DPMS parts ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have a STAG upper on a RRA lower, I love it, prab got 1000 round through it by now, I am past the break in stage and got rid of some crappy mags and it is awesome.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bought my Stag Model 2 from gandrtactical

http://www.gandrtactical.com/

Grant is a great guy to deal with. Has vast amounts of knowledge and the customer service was really good. He will take the time to answer questions. I've been very pleased with my purchase. Grant properly staked the carrier key, and did an extractor upgrade free of charge before he sent it to me. He double checks this on all weapons he sells. Ordered online, then payed $12.50 for the FFL transfer at a local pawnshop.

Alot of good information on http://m4carbine.net/ Grant post quite a bit in this forum and easy to contact by phone, e-mail or PM within the M4 forums.

Pic right after I picked it up......

After a few addtions........

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm the happy owner of a model 2L. My friend shoots NRA high power with AR's, and said that mine had one of the tightest chambers that he had ever seen on a production gun. Which explains why wolf will stick in it after about 100rds. Besides that happening twice, I have never had a problem with it, and think that they're awesome. I bought mine through a local pawnshop that my friend owns, and will sell me everything at wholesale :-D

Good luck, and you should do just fine if you decide to go that way.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My Stag 2HT upper has done really well for me. Right now I have it mated to a RRA lower with a couple thousand rounds through it and zero problems.

I'll be using this rifle for a tactical carbine course I'm taking this winter. That will be the real test.

My brother shooting it a few weeks ago:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nice tactical...Though I'll probably keep mine plain Jane. Noticed you from the DFW area. Did you happen to go to the Mesquite gushow a few weeks ago. I picked up quite a few things there for my Stag.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My Stag 2HT upper has done really well for me. Right now I have it mated to a RRA lower with a couple thousand rounds through it and zero problems.

I'll be using this rifle for a tactical carbine course I'm taking this winter. That will be the real test.

My brother shooting it a few weeks ago:

Is that an MI rail?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts