AR15 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I am now looking to buy a lower and have it sent to my FFL. I would like to start with a stripped and then build it gradually.

I know many of the manufacturers but would like input on where to get the best for my $.

I thinking a CMMG for $119.00

What are some of my other options?

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
I think of CMMG more as a build house than a parts supplier, but $118 is a pretty good price. Since a lower is a lower is a lower you're not going to see a lot of variance from company to company.

If you know what upper you're looking at, you might want to stick with the same manufacturer/supplier for the lower. If you ever want to sell it, it will be worth a bit more to the open market if they're matched.

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
As long as you get a forged lower receiver it doen't really matter what brand you get. Spike's Tactical sells lowers with engraving also. Their Spider logo is cooler looking than an anvil.

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
I'll second (third) the vote for Essential Arms. You can't beat $79 for a stripped lower.

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
Get whatever one you think will look best on your build...

... seriously. Most of them are made by only 4 major companies, the quality being.... well... here...

click me, you know you want to. OOOHHH THAT'S GOOOOOD! :eek::cool:

That being said, I have a SPikes tactical Lower, which I like. Only complaint I had was it seems to be REALLY tight, if that's a complaint. Other than that it's uber.

G

·
Discussion Starter #10
I am gonna do some checking. If you guys have any more suggestions it would be appreciated.

G

·
Discussion Starter #11
Get whatever one you think will look best on your build...

... seriously. Most of them are made by only 4 major companies, the quality being.... well... here...

click me, you know you want to. OOOHHH THAT'S GOOOOOD! :eek::cool:

That being said, I have a SPikes tactical Lower, which I like. Only complaint I had was it seems to be REALLY tight, if that's a complaint. Other than that it's uber.
Thanks...Been trying to read all I can, but often hard to wade through it all.

G

·
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks...Been trying to read all I can, but often hard to wade through it all.

I hear ya. In summary, they are basically all the same. Have fun with your build! I know I'm enjoying mine! :eek::cool::mrgreen::p

That article was the single most helpful article for me.

G

·
Discussion Starter #16
.... Since a lower is a lower is a lower you're not going to see a lot of variance from company to company.....
I am going to totally agree with that. Just make sure the mags drop freely, which I am sure 99.9% of them do. I myself would just save up for one of those trick looking Billet lowers, preferrably POF, but the SunDevil goes for cheaper and looks pretty cool too. If you don't like the Billet prices, then basically just get whatever lower that you think has the best looking logo :D.

I like this one, pricey at $300 but dam it is pretty :D

G

·
Discussion Starter #19
superior arms is the only lower that i have seen that is different it has an ajustment screw for the trigger either for pre travel or overtravel i cant remember

1 - 20 of 45 Posts