AR15 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok AR fans, I bought a large spool of para cord a couple weeks ago and spent some time wrapping various things with it. Happened to be fondling some of my rifles and thought. "Hey, this green Cav-Arms stock would look cool with para-cord". First I made some sling fasteners, an idea I got from the Israelis and modified it somewhat. Then I spent the last two and a half hours wrapping and weaving the stock. I was very happy with myself. Thought it looked pretty cool until I found out I screwed up.

Can anyone guess what my stupid mistake is?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Where would one learn to do that?
You mean wrapping the stock so the charging handle won't work? You just did.:D

If you mean wrapping and stuff, I leaned it in the boy scouts 40 years ago. Do a google search for para cord wrapping and/or knots etc and you will find lots of stuff.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is that one of the polymer lower AR15s? Kewl! Only seen them in crappy pictures on magazines. How do you like it?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did something similar back in June. Thinking about selling this stock set off now like this.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
each side is done seperately to come apart. It took a good amount of time, beer, and dremeling on both the handgaurds and stock.:smile:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
my guess for your mistake is that you used the double isosocles pattern when everyone knows for AR's you are suppose to use triple reverse triangle pattern.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
my guess for your mistake is that you used the double isosocles pattern when everyone knows for AR's you are suppose to use triple reverse triangle pattern.

Yeah, you got me. The triple reverse with a looped bi-stitch is required in this sitution.

And yes, it is tacticool knitting. :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
and here I thought that your problem was that you weren't wearing a burka while weaving.

Hardwarz

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Is that one of the polymer lower AR15s? Kewl! Only seen them in crappy pictures on magazines. How do you like it?
Yes, it is a one piece Cavalry Arms plastic stock and lower. They are very light. It uses a carbine buffer but no metal tube so it is light. put a 16" pencil thin barrel upper on it and you have a very light and handy carbine.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts