AR15 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK. I should be ready to order the kit or parts in the next few days.

Looking again on Del Ton I am not seeing what I want at a lower price....:shock:

If you have a suggestion to get this at a lower price PLEASE let me know.

What I want:

16" midlength flattop 5.56 of course m4 feed ramps 1-7, 8, or 9 for twist

chrome lined bbl

flip up front & rear sights

what ever adj stock

A Del Ton kit would run $680......:?: If you have a better way of going for it let me know.

Kent

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I bought stuff from model1sales.com

No idea if they have what you want but they were good to deal with and the parts were good quality.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mike you've got the shopping gene don't ya..

that's been on ar15.com since yesterday....$575, all you need to add is the lower and a rear sight.

it's a curse I tell ya :lol: I spend way too much time online :shock:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You can get a complete LMT upper for about that price and have a much better upper- yes it will cost a little bit more in the long run but the quality would be worth it. If you must have a midlength look at CMMG.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You can get a complete LMT upper for about that price and have a much better upper- yes it will cost a little bit more in the long run but the quality would be worth it. If you must have a midlength look at CMMG.
Welcome to the forum ckuplent. :D

I know that, you know that, but all some people look at is the price.
And I still can't figure out what the fascination is with midlength 16" uppers. I have a complete LMT, and the last 4 of my builds I have used all Colt parts for the uppers.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes I used to strictly price shop, then tried bargain shopping. I still think there are bargains out there, but alot less then I used to.

My $325 XD40 tac I think was one of them.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes I used to strictly price shop, then tried bargain shopping. I still think there are bargains out there, but alot less then I used to.

My $325 XD40 tac I think was one of them.
Personally, I would rather pay a bit extra for quality parts from a reputable dealer. Me and mine are worth it.

(I'm ordering LMT goodies from G&R T)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I bought stuff from model1sales.com

No idea if they have what you want but they were good to deal with and the parts were good quality.
I was looking into model one, just so I could have a quick ar. I'm happy to hear that they are good.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was looking into model one, just so I could have a quick ar. I'm happy to hear that they are good.
Yeah you'll hear a lot of complaining about them. I'm not sure why but maybe because they don't advertise who manufactures their parts. My coworker also ordered a kit there and he was happy. I bought a varmint upper with a stainless barrel.

I ended up with an advanced ordnance upper. Never heard of it before I got it but its good quality. I called them after the sale to find out the manufacturer and I got transferred to someone who knew their stuff and he was more than happy to ask me a couple questions and tell me which manufacturer it was. LMT was the other manuf. they use.

My only complaint about the $800 i spent there are the detents for the takedown pins. Yes a $.25 part :razz: They had a sharp point on the end and were impossible to get in. Other kits have rounded points which slip in pretty easily with an installation tool.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OK. I want to get this ordered TODAY! :D

I am looking at the CMMG website....:rolleyes:

$525 for a complete upper. Hmmmmm. What do you think?

then get a DPMS lpk and a 4 position stock? I will put a scope on it, but for now just a flip up rear sight. Do you think a flip up or removeable front sight is a good way to go too?

HELP ME..... This Darn BRD.....

Kent

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I am looking at the CMMG website
$525 for a complete upper. Hmmmmm. What do you think?
then get a DPMS lpk and a 4 position stock? I will put a scope on it, but for now just a flip up rear sight. Do you think a flip up or removeable front sight is a good way to go too?
HELP ME..... This Darn BRD.....
Kent
525 for what kind of upper ?
Get a better LPK
4 pos stock if that's what you really want

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I dont think I've seen anything at a lower price than the delton rifle kits. I ordered a 16" midlength from them a couple parts were backordered. Upgraded to an instock chrome barrel and removed the carry handle (3-5 weeks). I bought a DPMS stripped lower and a carry handle locally. Initially I tried to buy stuff piecewise but it was noticably more expensive.

Ugh wait is agonizing

http://www.del-ton.com/AR_15_Rifle_Kits_s/1.htm

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
525 for what kind of upper ?
Get a better LPK
4 pos stock if that's what you really want
16" mid-length

Better LPK? So which one is better?

As for a stock, I do not know what I want. :rolleyes: So I figure if I go cheapo to start I would not waste much money.....:confused:

Kent

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i would recommend an adjustable buttstock (6 position if you can find it, not too hard) dont get the standard plain jane one that you cant adjust, you can adjustables for $70-75. I would also recommend changing the grips, standard grips leave much to be desired. Grips may sound like a small thing but it makes a huge difference in gun handling, and price isnt too bad, $20-30.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts