AR15 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
2. I'll tell you that I don't recommend the mount from Surefire (plastic version)...frickin thing broke trying to get it to close on my G2...I've got a VLTOR aluminum mount arriving today, I'll let you know how it is...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hear the switch costs almost twice what the light costs. Though you should be able to find generic brand ones on ebay or gunbroker or something.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the Vltor mount on mine and it is very solid. I would recommend it to anyone.

ETA: I have a G2L in the Vltor mount.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just put the VLTOR mount on with a G2...I like it. I might be setting the bar low because it didn't break upon installation, but it seems pretty good so far.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do they still make the click switch for the G2/L? I don't like the press and twist to lock the light on.

By the way, post pics if ya' gotte'm.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a Pelican pressure switch for some other brand flashlight.

I'll have to go try it on my G2 to see if it works.

Does the G2 have some proprietary size cap or voltage or something?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm pretty sure the tape switch for the G2L is the same that is used on the 6P series. It is the XM0# (i.e. XM07 for 7" cable).

You can get them at opticsplanet.com for like $120! The cheaper UE07 I don't think will work (it's for the L4).

You can find the Tacstar and G&P stuff on eBay pretty cheap. I have no experience with these products as they are designed for airsoft use, but the design is really so simple that I can't imagine them not working. I mean, come on, it's simply completing a circuit with pressure!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey, first post!!

I'm using the 5 position CAA mount with my G2L. It's nice because you can position it so your thumb will activate the light's rear switch if your running a VFG. No sloppy tapeswitch wires.

It's really hard to see in the pictureof my rifle below, but it works great if you can put up with a little bit bulkier mount. If you check out the CAA website they have a cool flash display of it mounted on an AR.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nikon, I have a remote pressure pad switch with tailcap around somewhere and Im not using it. Im not sure if thats what your looking for or not but if your interested, shoot me a PM. I opened it but never used it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
A little warning about the multi-positional CAA mount. I had one before I got the Vltor and it cracked the first time I was tightening it down. Now, I am sure I overtightened it, however, I didn't feel it took too much to break it. I really liked how you could rotate it to different positions, but it broke pretty easily. YMMV.

JB, that sounds like a fine idea. Do you live out in that direction? I usually go shooting NW of Tucson off Avra Valley road. There is hardly ever anyone out there. And thanks for the compliments. I just about it have it where I want it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You might want to check with brightflashlights.com. I emailed them about a new setup for my AR and they quoted me a tapeswitch for a G2 for $20.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts