AR15 Forums banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts
Discussion starter · #24 ·
Poo, so now I don't know which way to go. Thought Aimpoint all the way, but seems that a lot of people like their EO's. I read up quite a bit about the Eotechs, including the recent thread in this forum, and it seems people favor them for shooting at closer distances and tend to be quicker on target with them...that interests me. Their main drawback is, obviously, battery life. I don't shoot that often, and I don't plan on keeping the optic on all the time, but have heard the EO's eat batteries even while off?? For SHTF, I'm planning on having several sets of extra batteries around anyway, so I guess it won't really matter. Being water proof is a nice feature. I don't plan on swimming with it, so I don't think depth's a real issue, lol, but for shooting in the rain it looks like either would work.

If I were to buy today, I could get an EO 512 (which seems highly recommended from those on this forum) for $335 NIB, and I see Del-Ton sells the Aimpoint ML2 for $365. $30 more and I could have an Aimpoint. I wish I knew someone that had both and I could check them both out, lol. D*mn!

Anyone know if Gander Mtn or Sportsman's Warehouse carry these two? Or ANY type of these manufacturers? They're the only large retailers we've got in town.

Discussion starter · #25 ·
Have you considered a C-more sight? A little pricey, but I love mine. I will post some pics eventually.

Discussion starter · #26 ·
Have you considered a C-more sight? A little pricey, but I love mine. I will post some pics eventually.
Can't say that I've heard of them, but I'm an optics n00b, heh. I'm definitely trying to keep the price down. The spending Nazi is already lecturing me on what I can and can't buy with the money I've been working my f'ing azz off for! Grrrrr. I sold my P3AT to fund an optic, so it's not like I'm NOT making sacrifices!! :lol:

Discussion starter · #27 ·
There is a guy on AR15.com selling the DMS-1 right now for $210 new. He has 6 or more of them (The blemished ones for $170 are gone, though :()!

I've owned and used both Aimpoints and EOTechs. I like the EOTech MUCH better for quick shooting. The open lense really gives you a wider feild of view... Perfect for mounting the gun and sighting quickly.

Discussion starter · #28 ·
Poo, so now I don't know which way to go. Thought Aimpoint all the way, but seems that a lot of people like their EO's. I read up quite a bit about the Eotechs, including the recent thread in this forum, and it seems people favor them for shooting at closer distances and tend to be quicker on target with them...that interests me. Their main drawback is, obviously, battery life. I don't shoot that often, and I don't plan on keeping the optic on all the time, but have heard the EO's eat batteries even while off?? For SHTF, I'm planning on having several sets of extra batteries around anyway, so I guess it won't really matter. Being water proof is a nice feature. I don't plan on swimming with it, so I don't think depth's a real issue, lol, but for shooting in the rain it looks like either would work.

If I were to buy today, I could get an EO 512 (which seems highly recommended from those on this forum) for $335 NIB, and I see Del-Ton sells the Aimpoint ML2 for $365. $30 more and I could have an Aimpoint. I wish I knew someone that had both and I could check them both out, lol. D*mn!

Anyone know if Gander Mtn or Sportsman's Warehouse carry these two? Or ANY type of these manufacturers? They're the only large retailers we've got in town.

I think you will be happy with either. If you live near Vegas I'll let you try both of mine.

Discussion starter · #31 ·
Here is a link to the site.

http://www.cmore.com/tactical.html

You gotta admit, that just looks bad a**. Try a search on google for more sweet pictures.
Damn dude, you're right, that looks pretty freakin' cool! I like the looks of that better than both the Eotech and Aimpoint. You say you really like yours? How does it compare to the Eo and Aimpoint? You're right, it is pricy, but after you buy a mount for either of the other two then you're already at the price of this, too. Do you have the CTAC or TAC model? Know the difference between them? The website seems a little limited.

Discussion starter · #32 ·
I like mine. I got it from webarms.com for around $350 with shipping. The guy I talked to, Bill, was a heck of a nice guy.

The cheaper one is polymer construction and the more expensive one is aluminium construction. I have the polymer.

Unfortunatly, I don't have any experience with the other brands of red dots to compare to the C-more.

Here are some pros and cons of the c-more:

PRO
- Solid construction
- Adjustable MOA dot (with a new chip, less than $30)
- Sweet look
- Battery lasts for days (I left mine on once ><, they dont last 2 months haha)
- Has mutiple brightness settings, even low-light and NV settings (need NV goggles to see it)
- Smaller apeture so you can see more target
- Easily mounts right to the top of your A3/4 style rail
- Has a standard rear AR/M16 iron sight that can be used while looking THROUGH the glass. (read: Fail proof dependability even if the lens is broken in combat)

CON
- Expensive
- Smaller red dot viewing area than other brands
- Wouldn't look as good on a G36 or other cool gun
- No magnification

I need to make an account on photobucket and I'll post some pics!

Discussion starter · #33 ·
I have a carry handle version of the C-More, the Scout. I bought it for one of my A1 uppers. The C-More is "old school" and a better choice of sight would be the EOTech or the Aimpont for a flat top AR. It does what I need it to do, but if I had it to do over I would have passed on it.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.