AR15 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife brings in the mail and theres a little box. She goes whats this? Heck if I know. Then I remember faawrenchbndr said he was sending me a Ergo grip. I grab the nearest sharp object to open it up and voila! it was. I installed it immediately. I love it! :mrgreen: Peep the results:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Glad you like it :D

Couldn't stand the one that came on my LMT lower, swapped it out for a Magpul :cool:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've got the Hogue grip on mine. Very comftrable. The A2 grip's spike always felt like it was in the wrong spot and bothered me.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've got Ergos on all my ARs. My second favorite is the Hogue. My next (dedicated 3-gun) AR will have a Hogue.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do you like the Magpul better than the Ergo? If so how come? Just curious because this is way better than stock, just wondering how much better the Magpul is.
I guess I'm old school,.....:mrgreen:
Most of my adult life has been shooting the M16 with a standard A1 or A2 grip. I just prefer the texture. The Erog, while the shape is great, the feel is just not for me.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This is a bit like Holster preferences.. oddly .. yeah get this... we all don't have the same type of hands! Oh, I know, shocker right? :)

The MIAD is an excellent piece of gear, you can configure it for your preferences, but I've found that the Hogues work better for me for longer days of shooting than any other but the G27 ergo grips (there's now a MIAD like version) are a VERY close second for long term comfortability over a long training/shooting day.

You're mileage may vary..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Do you like the Magpul better than the Ergo? If so how come? Just curious because this is way better than stock, just wondering how much better the Magpul is.
For me I hate rubbery grips like the Ergo and Houge. Don't like them on my 1911's and don't like them on my AR's :p Heck I even chucked the Houge that was on my S&W .44mag MountainGun. Hate 'em :mrgreen:
The Ergo that comes on the LMT lowers is the ambi version and is too thin feeling for me.

With the Magpul MIAD you can "custom fit" it to your hand, with the changeable front and backstraps. Before the MIAD came out my choice was the TangoDown Battle Grip.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I guess I'm old school,.....:mrgreen:
Most of my adult life has been shooting the M16 with a standard A1 or A2 grip. I just prefer the texture. The Erog, while the shape is great, the feel is just not for me.
I see.

I agree with AJ it is very comfy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts