AR15 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me start off by saying that my wife hates all of you right now. I decided to build an AR and you guys have helped me make that choice easier. So here is where I am going to start...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
she will get over it....let her buy somthing cool for herself.

then let her shoot whatever she buys, and see how much better your toy is. :cool:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
she will get over it....let her buy somthing cool for herself.

then let her shoot whatever she buys, and see how much better your toy is. :cool:
LOL, now that's just funny! Yeah, those darn women...checkbook Nazis. I was bored the other day, so I started adding up everything that I have into the AR now. This includes stuff from Christmas though. I spent $728 on the rifle, and now I have about $1700 into it IIRC, LOL. :shock: I hope she doesn't see this post!! :mrgreen:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
and that's just 1, and I bet you're not "done" with it yet either ;)

I am sure once this one is done, more will follow, man am I going to be in the dog house. I tried to explain to her that is a sickness and I DO NOT need help.:mrgreen:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Im getting mine started very soon, tax money probably! The best/worst part is I just have to buy the wife purses and sh!t and no dog house, but I have to buy purses and sh!t!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Getting ready to order my lower. This is my first AR, so plan on a lot of stupid questions. Here comes number 1. What is the disserence between a standard trigger and the Rock River 2 stage NM trigger and is it worth the $88 upgrade?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Getting ready to order my lower. This is my first AR, so plan on a lot of stupid questions. Here comes number 1. What is the disserence between a standard trigger and the Rock River 2 stage NM trigger and is it worth the $88 upgrade?
A standard trigger is a single stage without alot of rearward movement and when you apply pressure the hammer falls.

A 2 stage feels more like an XD trigger. You pull the trigger and it engages a primary sear as it eases rearward. Once it travels alittle you will feel resistance and when you press, the hammer falls.

The pull actually seems lighter because you are applying initial pressure during the pre-travel and then enough for it to break. The initial pull could be 3lbs and then an extra 1lb to make the hammer fall equaling 4lbs total but it doesn't feel like it.

Yes the RR is worth it for the money.

Talk to Pete at Legal Transfers in NH as he sells these for under $80 I think.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts