AR15 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a local company here in Tucson, AZ called GG&G that makes some serious quality stuff. I had not heard about them before today, but their stuff is superior to almost everything out there.

GG&G

I got their AccuCam quick detach mounts for my Leupold AND for an EOTECH and they are ROCK SOLID. There is no budge whatsoever! I can switch optics in a few seconds now and have a 1/2-MOA re-zero.

Look at their MAD BUIS. They are sick! You can adjust the aperture size on the same plane!

Their bipod is the sweeting piece of machining I have ever seen, much better IMO than the Harris with external springs!

GG&G

I will take pics of what I got today later, but man this company will go far if they keep up their QC.

And yes, they have numerous military contracts, and have won several awards.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great company and love their products. That bipod does look kick ass but for $100 more than a Harris set up, it is quite pricey, sure it is worth every penny though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great company and love their products. That bipod does look kick ass but for $100 more than a Harris set up, it is quite pricey, sure it is worth every penny though.
It was $170, which is the same price as the Harris with LaRue mount.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have my Aimpoint in a GG&G Cantilever mount and I love it! Funny thing happened at the range the other night... while shooting my AR, this guy was there helping me zero and asked what mount that was. I told him "GG&G." Now, it was pretty noisy down there so I'm thinking he didn't hear me right (this guy's known as the AR Guru around the range I guess), because he said "Oh, that's paintball stuff; not very expensive. It'll never hold zero for you." :?::rolleyes::confused: Kinda funny! Went home and looked at the website, AGAIN, and the mount lists for $175. I'm really thinking he misunderstood, lol.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They've been around for years ;)

Yeah they have. I've just never heard of them. And when building a top-quality AR, I would have expected someone to at least mention them. Their stuff is FAR better then even the top-quality stuff out there.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a GG&G rear BUIS.

While I like their stuff I wouldn't say it is any better or worse then other high end companies and definately nothing new.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have a GG&G rear BUIS.

While I like their stuff I wouldn't say it is any better or worse then other high end companies and definately nothing new.

What about the spring loaded locking feature? Do you have the A2-style or the MAD?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah they have. I've just never heard of them. And when building a top-quality AR, I would have expected someone to at least mention them. Their stuff is FAR better then even the top-quality stuff out there.

Not really....but ya, they have been around for a long time......and i am actually surprised to learn that there are folks that DONT know about them.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What about the spring loaded locking feature? Do you have the A2-style or the MAD?
Do you mean spring loaded to pop up or the detent pin that engages when it is deployed?

Most sights have some type of locking mechanism so it doesn't move.

The rear is the A2 style with large windage knob.

I have a Troy front sight.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
the bobro bipod is probably better.

Yeah, they look very similar. This one still utilizes external springs, though. Maybe GG&G just found a solution for a nonexistent problem, but I still like the spring-less design of the GG&G.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
When I picked up my AR it had a GG&G quad rail free float 4-rail forearm on it. Very sturdy and nice. Just make sure you blue lock tite the panel screws they tend to wiggle loose from firing.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah, they look very similar. This one still utilizes external springs, though. Maybe GG&G just found a solution for a nonexistent problem, but I still like the spring-less design of the GG&G.
Do you work for GG&G? Why push them so much?

They are all pretty much the same as long as they do the job and don't break. Harris may not be envogue but have you ever heard of them breaking?

I myself really like the Vltor Bipod the best, simple, and very stable. Also I like it how it kinda like how when the legs fold up they don't get in the way.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Do you work for GG&G? Why push them so much?
I don't work for them at all. It is always interesting to me when a local company makes such an outstanding product. I have never seen CNC work like this. I was simply spreading the word. I really could care less which product everyone uses, but for those that have not heard of this company before (like myself), I was simply suggesting to take a closer look at them. If you prefer another company, then by all means go with it. I have read a lot of your posts, and you really like ACOGs. I, however, think there is better out there. So to each his own in both cases...not saying you are wrong or right, but it's all personal preference. I really like GG&G products now, and have reconfigured my new AR specs to use their BUIS MAD system, VFG, and bipod.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts