AR15 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I went to the gun show in Columbia, SC and of course everyone was overcharging for everything.

I saw some stripped lowers for like $200 and I was like why would someone pay that just to say RRA and Bushmaster on them.

So I haggled alittle and got a Stag stripped lower for $110 which I don't think is too bad.

I told my wife I bought a gun and tossed the wrapped lower in her lap. I don't think she got the joke.

Now I need to decide what to build.

I think I want to build a varminter with a long stainless barrel (Wylde chamber maybe), free float tube, bipod, 2 stage trigger, skeletonized stock, etc.

Any good tips on where to get cheap lower part kits that don't include a trigger, hammer, or pistol grip?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They had RRA lowers at the last show I was at for $124.00

I actually picked up a sabre defence lower for $115 I also picked up a RRA complete lower A2 lower with NM 2 stage trigger for $270.00

I just finished my black varmint rifle:cool: I went with a short 16" S.S. fluted bull barrel for mine. Its much easier to carry around, then the long barrels.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They had RRA lowers at the last show I was at for $124.00

I actually picked up a sabre defence lower for $115 I also picked up a RRA complete lower A2 lower with NM 2 stage trigger for $270.00

I just finished my black varmint rifle:cool: I went with a short 16" S.S. fluted bull barrel for mine. Its much easier to carry around, then the long barrels.
Man your shows sound way cheaper then the ones around here.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was probably just this one vendor that has been having pretty good deals.

But I don't think Ive ever seen a striped lower run $200.00

Most stag lowers go $105-$115

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was probably just this one vendor that has been having pretty good deals.

But I don't think Ive ever seen a striped lower run $200.00

Most stag lowers go $105-$115
Well I also didn't think people try to charge $35 for GI 30 rd mags but some of these vendors were.

:D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It doesn't matter what sort of build your AR starts out as. It'll change a few times and, eventually, it will multiply until the ARs demand their own gun safe!

Case in point: I just ordered another Essential Arms lower ($77) and flat-top upper ($80) yesterday. ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It doesn't matter what sort of build your AR starts out as. It'll change a few times and, eventually, it will multiply until the ARs demand their own gun safe!

Case in point: I just ordered another Essential Arms lower ($77) and flat-top upper ($80) yesterday. ;)
:D but did you ever buy a scope, and then build an AR for it ;)

My latest project started life as a Millet DMS-1 gen 2 1-4x scope.

Bought the following used...Colt flat top receiver, Colt bolt and carrier, LaRue SPR-E
mount(new), the Colt M4 barrel is to be delivered today 11-21-07. Let's see, what else.....a VLTOR CASV if that doesn't make the scope too high, if it does I have a set of Samson rails, a LMT SOPMOD stock is on the way...hmmm, now I need another lower :mrgreen:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:D but did you ever buy a scope, and then build an AR for it ;)

My latest project started life as a Millet DMS-1 gen 2 1-4x scope.

Bought the following used...Colt flat top receiver, Colt bolt and carrier, LaRue SPR-E
mount(new), the Colt M4 barrel is to be delivered today 11-21-07. Let's see, what else.....a VLTOR CASV if that doesn't make the scope too high, if it does I have a set of Samson rails, a LMT SOPMOD stock is on the way...hmmm, now I need another lower :mrgreen:
I feel that pain. My worst is buying a new lower just so I could install an adjustable match trigger that I bought for no good reason... Just to see if I liked it. ;)

You'll dig the DMS-1. It's the fourth and final optic I have had or will have on my 16" AR. Mine is a Gen 1, though. I like the illumination knob on the top so I can shoot with both eyes open at 1x.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts