AR15 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I tried finding an answer myself but I may just be too new to the platform to know what to look for since I wasnt able to find anything browsing topics here or through googling.

My issue is that when I pull the trigger, usually it goes smoothly and fires as expected, but on occasion it hits the wall and I have to pull very hard for it to fire. At first I assumed that it was an issue with feeding, but I made sure a round was chambered properly and that's when I discovered the heavy pull. The next time it happened I ejected the current round and chambered another, but the heavy trigger pull remained.

Its a stock Ruger AR 556 MPR which uses their 2 stage trigger (Ruger Elite 452 AR-Trigger with 4.5 pound weight normally - probably quadruple that when the issue pops up). Only thing I changed was the firing pin retainer and of course added an optic. No other problems with it through about 1000 rounds so far.

·
Registered
14 Posts
You don't say how often this happens, but sounds like something in the trigger mechanism itself. Did you install it yourself? I would open up the rifle and give it a close examination for debris or anything out of alignment. If you installed it, take it out, examine it for damage then put it back in and give it a try. If it was factory installed, Is it under warranty? Contact Ruger for repairs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts