AR15 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I never had a problem with "good" GI triggers in the past. But a recent complete lower I purchased had a terrible, gritty, creepy trigger. I didn't want a super-light "goes off when you look at it" trigger, just wanted something easy to install, well-made and smooth. So I got the heaviest Rise drop-in I could find. Even this one has a heavier pull than a lot of the others but far smoother and lighter than any stock GI trigger. I installed it in ten minutes and I love it. Single-stage, 4.5 pounds. I guess, since that's more than some of the super-light ones, they consider this a "military/law enforcement" model.

Rise Armament LE145.

Paid $129 for mine.

Good luck with it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
There’s a multitude of decent drop ins, most anything over $175 will be decent, just a matter of weight, and single or 2 stage and you’re set. Last ine i bought was a single stage cmg with 3.5 pound pull. Trigger tech has decent stuff too

·
Registered
13 Posts
Schmid Tool 2-stage component trigger set for about $60. Breaks clean at 4.5#.
Why so heavy? I keep my stuff under 2-3 pounds pull, as all my ARs are min 20 on up to 24" barrels though, I partial to the large frames, .308, 243, 260, for real distance, Here's a pic of my real DPMS 24" Bull Barrel LR308, Match 2.5# drop in trigger and PRS Stock. topped with Vortex Viper pstII 5-25x50. and at 18.5 pounds loaded its rock solid with barely more recoil than ar15, the gun will do .5 moa shots out of the box. The trigger sucked, but other than that now its perfect. from the factory it was over 5 pounds pull and for a long range rifle why?

Wood Trigger Air gun Flooring Floor

1 - 12 of 12 Posts