AR15 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I seen the post on the aimpoint clones but has anyone tried the trijiclone. the guy told he they have a lifetime warrenty and they will hold their 0. http://www.blackgunstuff.com/arscopes.html thinking of getting one for plinking. I know you get what you pay for but don't know if I want to pay 800+ for the real deal.

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
ohhh I like the 1x trijiclone.

I thought trijicon had filed paperwork on some previous FACOGs from China that NCSTAR was selling. I have a feeling the same thing will happen. Anyone care to order one up and report of the quality.

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
KOL those look like just housings that look like ACOGS with no magnification or BDC. One says "red dot" and the other has a "cross reticle".

The ones posted above have crosshairs and BDCs.

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
From the looks of them, I too think they are Airsoft scopes and nothing more. Why would you buy something if that something didn't have a name or at least the manufacturers name? If they have a lifetime warranty, who backs that warranty up? The retailer?

OS

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
This looks interesting but I'm not willing to take one for the team for 200- Anyone else take one the the team?:)

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
I don't think the ones you posted a link to are the same as the ones that were posted in the OP. Though I could be wrong.

G

·
Discussion Starter #11
They are great for getting a feel for the optics, not a substitute for the real deal in any of the cases, but a much cheaper way to find out if say.. stand the short eye relief on the ACOG type, or if you can work with the dot fading in bright daylight like on the AimPoints.. outside of that, they really aren't worth a crap for any serious use, but fit the bill for Look Cool Factor and plinking.

Still.. once you actually use one of the real deals (AimPoint, EOTech and ACOG) you will understand and want the real one.

G

·
Discussion Starter #14
the one I looked at wasn't a red dot. it had cross hairs and distance marks on it.
Some of the other Aclones are dot sights. Most have the crosshairs. But all seem, I don't know.....

SH!TTY.

I have used the real deal of the Aimpoint, EOTech, and the ACOG and all of them are just the coolest things on the planet. These wannabe sight won't cut it when it comes to the clone wars.

That said....

900$ or 100$ .........

I don't go into "Combat", I don't need super mega badass optics, and I sure as heck can spend the other 800$ on some thing like, I don't know... AMMO!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

G

·
Discussion Starter #15
I don't go into "Combat", I don't need super mega badass optics, and I sure as heck can spend the other 800$ on some thing like, I don't know... AMMO!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Find someone with a good deal on optics (I'm at 1300 OTD with a LaRue ACOG mount and a TA31DOC :mrgreen: ) and then someone else that has good deals on ammo. I paid 225/1000 rds including shipping for some Adcom 5.56 last month. If you take your time and find deals or hookups, you can save money up and get the real deal.

G

·
Discussion Starter #17
Find someone with a good deal on optics (I'm at 1300 OTD with a LaRue ACOG mount and a TA31DOC :mrgreen: ) and then someone else that has good deals on ammo. I paid 225/1000 rds including shipping for some Adcom 5.56 last month. If you take your time and find deals or hookups, you can save money up and get the real deal.
Yeah I know....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts