AR15 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up an EOTech today for my AR. It's the 511 model, as the 512 was just too big. It replaced a cheaper red dot that will serve on one of my AKs for now. I dig it, and with back-up irons it was a breeze to sight in. The AR ended up being too reliable and accurate to be regulated to a range toy, and if I was going to think of it as a viable social rifle, it needed decent optics.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Picked up an EOTech today for my AR. It's the 511 model, as the 512 was just too big. It replaced a cheaper red dot that will serve on one of my AKs for now. I dig it, and with back-up irons it was a breeze to sight in. The AR ended up being too reliable and accurate to be regulated to a range toy, and if I was going to think of it as a viable social rifle, it needed decent optics.
Polymerhead, for years and countless posts and on countless forums, I read that short barreled AR's are finicky and unreliable and not suited for anything besides a range gun or novelty of sorts.

I've read the velocity drops so much out of a 5.56 short barrel, it degrades everything to the point it's totally useless and throwing the gun at something would likely cause more damage to it than shooting it. :roll:

Aren't you glad you didn't listen to everything you read on the internet? I guess this is one of those things a lot of people can be wrong about the same thing :lol:

I love my SBR's too. They certainly have a place in my collection.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Depends on where you visit I guess. An AR-specific forum I visit thinks very, very highly of SBRs.

I can't wait to get one :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You should've asked if a SBR ar was a good choice 10 or 12 years ago when gun forums were first beginning to gain popularity in a form other than limited newsletter type formats.

You would've been run out of town with pitchfork and torch weilding mobs by the light of the moon.:lol:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You should've asked if a SBR ar was a good choice 10 or 12 years ago when gun forums were first beginning to gain popularity in a form other than limited newsletter type formats.

You would've been run out of town with pitchfork and torch weilding mobs by the light of the moon.:lol:
Heh heh...I wonder what kind of stuff we give that same treatment now that will be status quo a decade from now.

If we even have guns then :sad:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I picked an EOTech 511 for my SBR also. It's lighter and shorter than the other models and the 'N' type batteries are readily available, contrary to what some will tell you. Can't resist a chance to show mine off. :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

You are correct sir. Shorties can be just as reliable, you just have to set them up right.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I picked an EOTech 511 for my SBR also. It's lighter and shorter than the other models and the 'N' type batteries are readily available, contrary to what some will tell you. Can't resist a chance to show mine off. :D
BP that thing looks great. Nice work buddy!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts