AR15 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This will be my first AR, does anyone have any suggestions on what is best, I would also like some suggestions on Eotch or Aim Point, and a good tactical light. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Animal Cop

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
What type are you looking for? One for hunting, home defense or just to shoot. I think which ever, you will probably find them hard to get because everyone is buying as well. When I went to put my order in several makers would quote 8 to 10 weeks lead time. I hope you don't limit yourself to just one brand name.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
del-ton has well priced rifle kits that dont include the lower receiver (only part you need a background check for). I purchased my stripped lower receiver in town and ordered the lower parts and rifle kit from del-ton. Then I assembled the gun myself

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For your first AR, I wouldn't look at an EOTECH or Aimpoint just yet. Learn to shoot with iron sights first, then progress to optics. It's your money though...

Are you willing to build part of it yourself? You'd save a little bit of money. You could buy a stripped lower, $85-$185, a Lower Parts Kit ($60) and a cheaper stock, buffer tube, buffer, spring $50 then assemble it. Then buy a completely assembled upper and put it together. You'd have to buy magazines for it, but it should be less than $700 depending on what you get. Or you could just a fully assembled one from STAG, Bushmaster, RRA, Armalite but they're usually at least $800 and up for the basic AR.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
del-ton has well priced rifle kits that dont include the lower receiver (only part you need a background check for). I purchased my stripped lower receiver in town and ordered the lower parts and rifle kit from del-ton. Then I assembled the gun myself
Exactly what I did. The basic rifle with rear sights and a couple of mags ran just under $700 with tax and shipping as applicable.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For your first AR, I wouldn't look at an EOTECH or Aimpoint just yet. Learn to shoot with iron sights first, then progress to optics. It's your money though...
Thanks for the tip!

Or you could just a fully assembled one from STAG, Bushmaster, RRA, Armalite but they're usually at least $800 and up for the basic AR.
This is what I did; I bought Bushmaster's version of the M4A2 at Academy Sports and Outdoors for $899.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I thought about buildin my own for my first to save some money, but opted for a RRA midlength with 2 stage trigger, chrome-lined barrel and flat top receiver for $828 instead. I also picked up a Yankee Hill rear sight for ~$70 at the same time. I couldn't be happier with my decision.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts