AR15 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I went with a friend to a range that had a 400 meter set up. I was a little leary as to how I would perform with my DPMS LR-308. I wasnt concerned about how the gun would do but me. Well we didnt set any real paper targets on the 400 meter mark, but they had some steel plates hanging from a stand. They had a 4', 3', 2' and 1' circles. I was able to hit all with out too much effort. I was amazed at how my DPMS performed so great. I was even using the cheap Fedral ammo. I am sold on DPMS rifles forever now. Thanks DPMS for building such a great rifle.

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
What state was the range in?

I have all the trimmings to start Service Rifle competition but things take away time spent on the range. I've never shot at over 200 yards.

What made you choose the 308? How different does it feel over a 223?

Thanks.

JimmieD

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
What state was the range in?

I have all the trimmings to start Service Rifle competition but things take away time spent on the range. I've never shot at over 200 yards.

What made you choose the 308? How different does it feel over a 223?

Thanks.

JimmieD
I was shooting in Minneosta. The reason I bought the 308 is I wanted to be able to use it for deer hunting also. 223 is not a lega calibure in MN. I dont have much experince at all with the AR rifles except for mine, and so far it is a lot of fun. I cant really tell yuo the diffrence between the 223 and the 308 but I know I love my 308 I shot over 100 rounds and my shoulder is fine.

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
Did you have a spotter? That always helped when I was at the 500 yard line. How much windage and elevation did you have to deal with? I'm only used to firing 5.56mm at long range so I'm curious as to how .308 compares.

Sounds like you had fun.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts