AR15 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for suggestions as to what upper would be a good match (with a nice tight finish) to a Rock River Arms lower? I'm not sure if a kit is the way I should go because this is my first build. I want quality and a company with good reputation. Thanks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Check out ar15.com. They have an entire section on builds. I'm sure you can get the answers you are looking for.

I'm planning the same thing, so I'm interested in what you end up with :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just about any upper on the market will fit and work just fine.

Be cautious asking that question over at ARFCOM, you may get flamed over the desire to have a "nice tight finish". ;) A lot over there think that is a bad thing, and to an extent, I agree.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah why not RRA upper?

When I got the LMT upper I tried it on my Bushy lower; the two don't quite fit. Instead of being loose, they are slightly too tight. I have to push hard for the pins to go in. When I got the LMT lower, the two halves just fit like gloves.

So I would recommend getting the upper and lower from the same maker.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
RRA or Stag.. RRA is more likely to be a better fit, check with the seller on ARFCOM going by the name of Legal Transfers. Good guy, and I believe he matches or beats most other prices on RRA stuff.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Badshot said:
RRA or Stag.. RRA is more likely to be a better fit, check with the seller on ARFCOM going by the name of Legal Transfers. Good guy, and I believe he matches or beats most other prices on RRA stuff.
Yeah, his name is Pete and he is the largest dealer for RRA in the country. He is also a real good guy!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
RRA and STAGs have a really tight fit naturally. You'll probably have a tough time pinning the lower to the upper. I personally like Laure custom weaponry lowers. They are made my LMT.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
nikon777 said:
RRA and STAGs have a really tight fit naturally. You'll probably have a tough time pinning the lower to the upper. I personally like Laure custom weaponry lowers. They are made my LMT.

he is meaning to say LAUER

1 - 11 of 11 Posts