AR15 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I met up with an old friend last night and somehow we got talking about what we wanted for Christmas and I mentioned I want to buy myself an AR-15 real bad for Christmas. Well lucky for me it just so happens her room mate has an one for sell. Her not knowing guns just told me what she knew that it's pretty much brand new he got it 3 months ago has only gone out once shooting with it and he paid $1100 brand new for it. Well times are tough on him and he needs cash so he's trying to get rid of it for $650.00 cash. So I'm going over tonight to check it out main question since I know nothing about AR's what should I look for abuse wise and all around??? Hopefully this turns out to work well in my favor, I mean I just wanna help the guy get his cash. ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Fit and finish.. basics.. make sure the major parts are there, hell ask for a range trip. Check to see if he even bothered to clean it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah just check for the normal stuff. Take it apart, look at the bore, look down the barrel. Make sure everything feels tight and the finish isn't bad. If its from a reputable manufacturer, and I'm going to assume it is if it cost him $1100, then you might be able to get a real steal for $650.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just kidding!
what kind of ar are you getting yourself for Christmas? at that price any ar is a good ar!:-D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No idea what kind of AR I want yet just something entry level for now seeing as it's my first!! Just want one to learn the basics with and just tear it down and put it back together to get the hang of it. But if I can score a top notch one for $650.00 hell why not. We'll see what happens after tonight. I'll post more on it tomorrow about what I find out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts