AR15 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To those who are hung up on running A1 or A2 style stocks and not adjustable types...

What do you carry in your trap door compartment?

I keep most of a GI cleaning kit, in its original pouch- cleaning rods, a few patches. I also tuck in a spare firing pin, extractor and firing pin retaining pin.

And I'm glad I do. The other day I was shooting and had a failure to extract. I used the cleaning rod to tap out the spent case. It looked like it got chewed by the extractor. My extractor looked fine, so I assumed it was bad (S&B) brass. I switched to Federal M193 and had zero malfunctions after that.

Anyway, that got me thinking what guys think is wise to store in that compartment.

Thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
To those who are hung up on running A1 or A2 style stocks and not adjustable types...

What do you carry in your trap door compartment?

I keep most of a GI cleaning kit, in its original pouch- cleaning rods, a few patches. I also tuck in a spare firing pin, extractor and firing pin retaining pin.

And I'm glad I do. The other day I was shooting and had a failure to extract. I used the cleaning rod to tap out the spent case. It looked like it got chewed by the extractor. My extractor looked fine, so I assumed it was bad (S&B) brass. I switched to Federal M193 and had zero malfunctions after that.

Anyway, that got me thinking what guys think is wise to store in that compartment.

Thanks.
M T

1 - 4 of 4 Posts