AR15 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://rguns.net/009_33.html

it's the basic set up i want...M4..6 pos stock..detachable carry handle..quad rails...price looks pretty good..just dont have any experience with DPMS as i've only shot Bushmaster...any input would be great..thanks..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My son just bought the identical rifle (new) at a gun show two weeks ago for $750. I saw one last week at another gun show for $779.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The price is WAY out of line for the value of that particular manufacturer and the configuration.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Usually their prices are good. I bought a stripped lower DPMS for 90.00 shipped just last winter.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok so can someone please point me in the right direction...where can i find one cheaper?? 16" M4 A3 w/ 6 pos stock and quad rails.. thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
After looking around the web at complete DPMS M4's I guess it is not that bad of a price compared to other DPMS M4's.

I have a very similar DPMS that I put together (complete upper/complete lower) put railed handguards on for around 750.

I guess what matters is if you are comfortable with it or not.
Are you close to R Guns or are you going to order this ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
DPMS is known for substandard parts kits with missing/out-of-spec parts, so I wouldn't purchase a whole rifle from them, especially at that price. For that money, you could get an RRA Entry Tactical with a nice two-stage trigger, or a Bushmaster, or anything along those lines, short of maybe an LMT or Colt. DPMS is a half step above Olympic in terms of quality, which is to say, poor.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
pick up a stripped DMPS lower, get a stag LPK and buy a del-ton M4 and add the rails and pick your furniture you can spend as little as $600 to as much as you want to spend.

Del ton has a nice upper for around $400 including the bolt and bolt carrier.

the only part that will need to be transfered is the stripped lower

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok..so a complete rifle from DPMS doesn't seem like the best way...how about some feed back on STAG...where do you guys think they rate?? also i am open to a build..just not really sure how to go about it or where to start as far as buying all the components...thanks again for all the help..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Stag is a very good manufacturer, I built my AR with a stag lower, part kit, and upper. It is on par with RRA. Some say LMT and Colt are the best but I am not LE or in the military so if it jams, FTE, or FTF I just get the cleaning rod out.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
$900 for a complete rifle with the goodies.

Rails are worth about $200. 2 Mags that are about $10 each. Cleaning kit worth $10, rifle case worth about $10. So all in all that is $240 in accessories. I also would go for the chrome lined barrel option at an additional $40.

Not a bad price in my book. If you build a rifle with quad rails you could get it about $100-$200 cheaper, but then if you run into problems they will always blame you for not putting it together correctly (even though there is nothing to putting an AR together). So when you buy a complete rifle you are also buying somewhat of a warranty.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts