AR15 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok i see
that makes sense i all ways pernounced it in my head as M-four-gery with the gery pronounced like slurie but with a g in place of the sl, or if that doesnt make sense its like the name gary but with ur instead of the a like gury

m-four-jury makes alot more sense

ill tell you one thing it is sure hard trying to explain how something sounds in my head (most of the time i dont even know whats going on up there)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok i see
that makes sense i all ways pernounced it in my head as M-four-gery with the gery pronounced like slurie but with a g in place of the sl, or if that doesnt make sense its like the name gary but with ur instead of the a like gury

m-four-jury makes alot more sense

ill tell you one thing it is sure hard trying to explain how something sounds in my head (most of the time i dont even know whats going on up there)

Yea, I hate it when the voices in my head start mispronouncing things!! :p:p:p

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not necessarily, the m4 also has the grenade launcher cut outs and feed ramps! there are some write ups citing all the differences!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And any real M4 has the zombie switch on it HAHA.
I like the shocker setting myself, if I spent the money on a full auto, it would be engraved with a "hand making the peace sign" for safe, "hand flipping the bird" for fire, and "hand making the shocker sign" for auto.

IE like this "top middle"

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
AR-15, M-16, M-4, they are all AR-15's. M16 and M4 are just military designations.

M4 is just a military designation just like the way the military designated the Abrams tank an M1 MBT, the Bradley an M2 (and M3) Infantry Fighting Vehicles. Even the Humvee has a designation, M998. The Military likes to designate everything "M" Something.

Now back to the M4:
Basically it is just a select fire AR15. The original M4's are 3 round burst, and M4A1's are full auto. They also have a flatop receiever to easily mount optics, a collapsable stock, and 14.5" barrel with a notch for a M203. Notice how "M203" is another designation, this one is for a particuliar grenade launcher :smile:.

M4forgeries to me are any AR15 with a 14.5 or 16" barrel, a flat top reciever, and and a collapsable stock.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What Eric & Jeepin said above... also many times 'm4gery' term is used when the gun in question isn't a 1st party factory-built weapon, rather a 'forgery' of different-branded parts, ala 'franken-AR'

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
All a person is trying to do is take an AR and make it look as close to possible as the military M4.

Some even go as far as SBRing their AR and putting on the 14.5" gov't profile barrel.

There is no NIB M4 that is FA that a civilian can buy.

Hardwarz

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You should be able to go to a local laser engraving place and have them put an "auto" position on your rifle. Granted it would only be for looks but it would make a good conversation piece.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Would that be illegal in anyway?
No go check out AR15.com there are tons of folks that have this done. One guys has

FIRE
SAFE ZOMBIES

I wanna put that on mine. As long as the selector switch won't move into that position and the rifle won't fire more than one round per pull of the trigger than your safe. It's simply a cosmetic thing.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
If your lower has icons for all 3 positions and your weapon only goes into safe and fire, you're fine.

If your weapon goes into the 3rd position and fires, even if it's only in semi, ATF will have a problem with the weapon. There was a company that made a 91 copy that used G3 lowers. 3rd position fired in semi only. Turns out it's an illegal configuration and the weapon was not given to the buyer and was shipped back to the manufacturer.

Hardwarz

1 - 20 of 20 Posts