AR15 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I've got sometime to think about it, but I think I will be building a bare-bones 20" (M16A2 wanna-be).

I'd also like to get a 24" barreled upper and one of those varmint scopes.

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
I'd love to build an old school A2...maybe even A1 variant...triangle hand guards and all!

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
My next (current) build is going to be another carbine :cool:

Colt flattop upper with Colt M4 14.5" barrel with pinned and welded YHM Phantom. VLTOR CASV-EL black railed handguards with an ARMS 40 rear buis. Glass is a 1-4x Millet DMS-1 gen 2.

LMT SOPMOD buttstock and a TangoDown Battlegrip will go on a current lower until I can pick up another.

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
Something with a Piston upper.. 16" fluted barrel would be cool.. but the Masada and an AK pistol are coming first.

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
18" SPR , Possibly a 6.5 Grendel. I have a double star lower just trying to get Christmas over to free up extra money.

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
A .204 varmint rifle with a 24" fluted barrel. The barrel came in the mail early this week. I originaly was going to only build an upper but I believe that Im going to go ahead and buy another lower as well and have 2 complete rifles.

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
A .204 varmint rifle with a 24" fluted barrel. The barrel came in the mail early this week. I originaly was going to only build an upper but I believe that Im going to go ahead and buy another lower as well and have 2 complete rifles.
That's my favorite part of AR's. Only that lower piece of aluminum has to go through the FFL. My complete upper and everything else came right to the front door.

G

·
Discussion Starter #10
I think I'm going with a 20" A2 govt. profile....gonna try to keep it simple.

Then I'm going with a spikes tactical punisher lower with bullet marks - and haven't decided which configuration upper....hmmmm

G

·
Discussion Starter #11
Don't know yet, still toying with the Idea of a standard 556, or 9mm AR. Decisions Decisions.

G

·
Discussion Starter #13
saying you want an older model A2 build. That is what I just built. It is my 1st AR15. I needed/wanted one, and did not have a lot of money. So I searched around, and got some decent prices on the parts. Here is a link:

http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54038

it has a range report with the post.

well it is not my next, but it is a build that just happened.

I guess for my next I will go with a 6.5 or 6.8 upper. Same CMMG lower for that as well. I will probably put a scope on it.

G

·
Discussion Starter #14
My bro just got back from Kuwait ... and he gave me a genuine KAC SOPMOD M4 Carbine RIS :cool:

I'm so rotten, he has a flip up BUIS to give me too! This is the start to my AR :)

G

·
Discussion Starter #15
I have my lower ready to go just can't decide on everything for the upper. I know I want a flat top with m4 ramps and a 16" barrel but that is it. I will be using it to shoot 3 gun comps.

G

·
Discussion Starter #16
I'm still waiting on my upper to finish out my SBR buid. And I thought the longest wait would be for the paperwork to clear. :rolleyes:

G

·
Discussion Starter #17
Either a longer distance (precision) ar with a 24 in kriger barrel or i might just buy a DSA fal with an 18inch barrel and a folding ACE socom stock

G

·
Discussion Starter #18
Been shopping for it this weekend.

I've been looking at a DPMS Upper AR-15 Flattop .223 Remington 1 in 9" Twist 24" Bull Stainless Steel $413.99 (from Midway).

I'd like it to have a fluted barrel, and a 5.56 chambering but going this route saves me nearly $150.

From their all I should need are some good optics, and a bi-pod. Perhaps upgrade my stock on my Stag m4gery lower, since I plan on using that for the long range upper as well.

I figure I can have the best of both worlds this way; a CQB carbine, and a long range rig I can switch to by changing my uppers out.

G

·
Discussion Starter #19
Don't laugh now...a competition AK. Hey, I like challenges. ;)
Actually, I had an idea similar! I want to get a PSL (ROMAK3) "Dragonov" type weapon and get a gunsmith to do a custom heavy barrel for it. It would be different, cool, and hopefully accurate. Unfortunetly, I need to stop buying new guns for now. I have too many projects on the back burner. I need to SBR my AR, Get my M1 Garand Redone, and when I get my 1911 off lay-away, I want to get it NP3'ed. :( I need more $$$!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts