AR15 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get a 4 sided rail for on my AR but there all around the $200 range is there anywhere to get one a little cheaper? I really like the midwest ones but 200 bucks is a little crazy

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
The YHM railed tubes are a LOT cheaper than that ($160 MSRP for the rifle-length, light-weight, 4-rail tube). I have two of them so far and they're awesome.

Email "BrightFlashlights" on the AR15.com forums for the best prices on YHM stuff. I've bought a bunch of stuff from him, and he's always much better than MSRP.

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
anyone have a pic of one of the YHM ones installed on a A3 flat top upper, I want the hand guard to match up with my upper like the mid west does.

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
Those are nice, and they are cheap... But they are much heavier than the light-weight versions. I guess it depends on what you want.
I didn't realize it was the other type, I have the lightweight carbine model myself and it's great I paid 85 if I'm not mistaken.

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
I think the absolute cheapest are the UTG rails from botach tactical. I think they are about $60 or so. Some have had good things to say about them.

G

·
Discussion Starter #10
this is what my AR looks like right now, I just want a nice rail that I can mount more stuff on there.

G

·
Discussion Starter #11
anyone have a pic of one of the YHM ones installed on a A3 flat top upper, I want the hand guard to match up with my upper like the mid west does.
By "match-up", do you mean same level, or do you want the tube to actually butt-up to the upper (no gap)? Every railed forend I've ever seen lines-up perfectly (height wise) with a flat-top, but only the expensive ones have no gap.

G

·
Discussion Starter #12
If you want Midwest Industries rails, go to www.skdtac.com and "Search By Brands." You'll have to click "More Brands" at the bottom of the list, but you'll find MI and then will see their selection. I searched high and low online, because I wanted MI rails, and they have by far the best prices out there on MI rails. If anyone else knows of a place with better prices, post it!

G

·
Discussion Starter #14
I would like one with no gap if i can find one cheap, I might just even wait and get the midwest, just have to hold off for a couple weeks till I get money.

G

·
Discussion Starter #15
I would like one with no gap if i can find one cheap, I might just even wait and get the midwest, just have to hold off for a couple weeks till I get money.

Watch the EE on ar15.com for the model you want and be patient. No sense in buying cheap when you can wait and get good ;)

A month or so ago there was a genuine KAC M4 RAS, complete with panel package and VFG for $150 right here on the trading post on this board. It sat here for a week and nobody bought it. I bought it :cool:

G

·
Discussion Starter #16
A couple of other inexpensive options are Command Arms M44 (the rail is higher than the reciever) and BSquare is also making an aluminum rail tube. Don't remember if they're the same height as the reciever or not though.

G

·
Discussion Starter #17
Watch the EE on ar15.com for the model you want and be patient. No sense in buying cheap when you can wait and get good ;)

A month or so ago there was a genuine KAC M4 RAS, complete with panel package and VFG for $150 right here on the trading post on this board. It sat here for a week and nobody bought it. I bought it :cool:
+1 on EE

I just picked up a Troy FF 10" for like $210 shipped.

You will frequently see the MI ones on there as well.

The MI and Troy are the only two monolithic looking ones in the sub $300 range.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts