AR15 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Upon searching I've found some good reviews of the Ergo grip and I also like the look of the CCA and the Hogue. Which one is better?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've got a standard grip, 3 command arms and an Ergo. Of all of them, the CAA G27 is the most comfortable to me. They're also making one now that has different backstraps and finger grooves similiar to the Magpul MIAD, but I like the original G27 just fine.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The standard pistol grip had a finger groove (more like a hard plastic wedge) that was uncomfortable for me. I replaced it with an Ergo grip and am very happy so far. Haven't tested it at the range yet.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've used the A1, TangoDown BattleGrip, and my recent favorite is the MagPul MIAD

I hate a regular A2, the "spike" irritates my finger

I just got a LMT lower and it came with the Ergo. For me, one word sums it up.....YUK ! For me it is too narrow and the "finger grooves" are in the wrong place for my hand when I quickly pick the carbine up.

First thing I did this afternoon was to order a MIAD full kit for the LMT lower :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've got a standard grip, 3 command arms and an Ergo. Of all of them, the CAA G27 is the most comfortable to me. They're also making one now that has different backstraps and finger grooves similiar to the Magpul MIAD, but I like the original G27 just fine.
Yea I'm really leaning towards the CAA G27.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The MIAD to me its a basic grip with an interchangeable backstrap and storage. Is there something more?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Grips are a personal preferance and you'll more than likely try a few before you settle on what is good for you.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I like SAW grips the best. No groove and I like the roundness feel of them. But they are not good enough where I would replace all my guns with them. A2 grips are only $5. Not much difference to me between the A2, MIAD, Tango Down, SAW and other grips other than the price.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I use both the Hogue and G27 .. like them both equally. Not such a huge fan of the MIAD, but have it on my 9mm carbine. It came with it, wouldn't have gone out of my way to get one otherwise.

All of that is for what it's worth, anyway you look at it the stock grips suck, but if anyone needs em' I have 2 spares.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I tried the G27 and the Hogue. I love the Hogue...all day shooting and no rough wear or hand fatigue!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts