G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I have a bushmaster m4/a3 and have looked at ,
bushnell trophy (ACOG CLONE) $ 145.00 + buis back sight
c-more (with buis back sight ) $360.00
eotech (n-batt type) $ 360.00 + buis back sight
eotech (2-aa batt type ) with nite vision compatable $400.00 + buis back sight
Just don't know which one , will be useing it for close range to maybe 150 -200 yards nothing special varmits-bad guys-zombies going nuts help me make up my mind! Thanks for your thoughts.

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
Would you have a problem with buying used ? If not, shop the EE on ar15.com...I've bought EOTech 512's for $250 and Aimpoints for about the same.

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
Stay away from the N-Type EOTechs.. you can indeed find 512's for $250 and even 552's for $300 .. you might think about the 1-4x shot dot like scopes as well.. Millett, IOR and maybe a Leupold all can be had for under $400, again on ARFCOM. Hell if you ask Mike and or Packer nice enough they might even be willing to keep an eye out for ya.

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
i have the bushnell elite and for the money its pretty good..spend the difference on ammo imho..

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
i have the bushnell elite and for the money its pretty good..spend the difference on ammo imho..
At today's prices the extra that you would put toward ammo isn't gonna buy much. ;) Oh, and it's gone in 15 minutes :shock:

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
Since the General consensus (Not my opinion but rather that of all the experts on here) is that BM is junk and will not fire should your life depend on get a cheap SPOT or a knock off AP

i have no problem recommending a Hakko Tac point red dot, its nearly identical to an AP ml2 at 1/4 the price. and in my personal experience has actually served me better than my AP (my AP quit working on its second range trip but AIMPOINT did make it right and sent me a new one that has worked flawlessly since i received it) i picked up my Hakko for around $70 used and its right on the money and ive been using the same batteries for over a year

just don't leave it on for days on end and all is good it doesn't have the same battery life that AP does but then again no one else does i think they keep how they do it Top secret.

I have a bushmaster m4/a3 and have looked at ,
bushnell trophy (ACOG CLONE) $ 145.00 + buis back sight
c-more (with buis back sight ) $360.00
eotech (n-batt type) $ 360.00 + buis back sight
eotech (2-aa batt type ) with nite vision compatable $400.00 + buis back sight
Just don't know which one , will be useing it for close range to maybe 150 -200 yards nothing special varmits-bad guys-zombies going nuts help me make up my mind! Thanks for your thoughts.
i personally didn't like the Cmores that i tried but that is just me i would go with the BN trophy

or the bushnell holosight its pretty much so exactly like like a EO only with a plastic shroud instead of a milled aluminum. and is actually made by EoTec for bushnell

if your only going to be playing around at the range either of these will serve you just fine.

ok guys go ahead and start your how wrong i am and that he should spend extra money and get the same gear the pros use. and that anything else is unacceptable and will break within 1 or 2 uses.

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
I have both an Aimpoint and Eotech. Whenever I am shooting I prefer Eotechs. That 65 MOA ring just makes it naturally fast to get on target, and the 1 MOA dot makes it great for long distance precision work.

But I think I would have to recommend an Aimpoint before I recommend an Eotech. Aimpoints are just more rugged and battery life is a lot longer, you can leave an Aimpoint on for 5 years! Eotech claims 1100 hours for the AA models, but I have found they go out at about 200 hours at the brightest setting. Which is only about only 10 days. Aimpoint are not as natural to use though. For targets of 100 yards+, the 4 MOA dot just floods the target. On really bright days, it takes a lot more concentration to quickly place on target compared to the 65 MOA ring of the Eotech.

Both are great and you will be happy with either.

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
Since the General consensus (Not my opinion but rather that of all the experts on here) is that BM is junk and will not fire should your life depend on get a cheap SPOT or a knock off AP

ok guys go ahead and start your how wrong i am and that he should spend extra money and get the same gear the pros use. and that anything else is unacceptable and will break within 1 or 2 uses.
:rolleyes:

G

·
Discussion Starter #10
mmmm I love this BUT HOLY S%!&.........
Suggested Retail: $679.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Way to much!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

G

·
Discussion Starter #11
A lot of good suggestions, Think I will just shoot Iron sights for a while and just see what good buys I can find down the road .THANKS

1 - 11 of 11 Posts