AR15 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm looking to drop ~$2000 - $2500 in a crazy AR (after toys). What brands should I be looking at? I'm going for high quality. Where can you purchase a new colt (kinda a stickler on new things)?

Top on my list right now is RRA.

What about delton kits, stag, cmmg, etc. Everyone who owns one, loves them. What about people who have owned or shot quite a few different makes and can give an honest comparison.

Thanks guys.
Justin

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For that kind of money why don't you look into gas-piston? Depending on what toys you want to install you still might have a few hundred dollars left to buy them with. Just my 2 cents:)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I'm looking to drop ~$2000 - $2500 in a crazy AR (after toys). What brands should I be looking at? I'm going for high quality. Where can you purchase a new colt (kinda a stickler on new things)?

Top on my list right now is RRA.

What about delton kits, stag, cmmg, etc. Everyone who owns one, loves them. What about people who have owned or shot quite a few different makes and can give an honest comparison.

Thanks guys.
Justin
http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=10679

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
At that price point LWRC and POF should be prime considerations. Don't worry the Colt cult will pipe in here shortly :) No offense guys, didn't mean to make you spit out the Kool-aid :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For that money, I'd:

(If i were looking at a conventional AR) look at Noveske:
http://www.noveskerifleworks.com/

(If I were looking at a piston AR) the sky is the limit... LWRC seems widely considered to be the best out there for now, but that wont leave you much left over for goodies.

If i were in your shoes, and wanted a completely new rifle, I think I'd get a Noveske N4 Light Carbine, Low Profile and blow the rest on an optic of your choice. Either that or build one of these:

http://www.m4carbine.net/showpost.php?p=4845&postcount=22
:)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've looked at LWRC. What is the main advantage of a gas-piston vs. standard?

What about the SIG 556?

What is SPR?

The Wilson Combat looks very nice. Any one else with "Armor-Tuff" experience?

I am not going to be using this for hunting, just want it 1) because AR-15's are awesome, 2) SHTF, 3) for show, 4) plinking.

But I don't see buying more than 1 (please don't mention the AR-nicotine!), so I want the absolute best.

Yes, I've seen "the chart" :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The LWRC M6A2 doesn't have a 2-stage trigger.

What's good about the Magpul CTR stock?

For the price of $2,015, that doesn't leave much room for accessories.

I'm questioning the necessity of a gas-piston. Convince me.

I'm guessing the low-profile design allows for a flip up front/rear BUIS sights. Correct?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The LWRC M6A2 doesn't have a 2-stage trigger.

What's good about the Magpul CTR stock?

For the price of $2,015, that doesn't leave much room for accessories.

I'm questioning the necessity of a gas-piston. Convince me.

I'm guessing the low-profile design allows for a flip up front/rear BUIS sights. Correct?
Did you watch the video?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Great video. I like the idea behind the gases not entering the firing system. I can definitely see the use for such a system in the demanding field, however as a just-for-fun gun, the cost to benefit ratio just doesn't seem worth it. For me, I don't mind cleaning my guns. It's actually fun. In the field, this valuable time isn't there.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts