G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like this:

• DMPS lower. :rolleyes:
  • RRA trigger/parts kit.
  • Tango down pistol grip.
  • RRA stock.
  • I think my CAA stock saddle is still sitting in the rental office in my building.
Build went OK. I launched the front detent to the ceiling a couple of times, said a few bad words, all in all it went OK.
:lol:

I probably would not buy another DPMS lower. They don't seem to be built quite to the specs of the LCW/LMT lowers. I have a feeling the pins are gonna walk on me. Might order some anti walk pins from Bravo. We shall see.

Next up, LMT 16" from Pete. :cool:

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
I'm surprised you didn't like your DPMS lower, my 2 felt solid. I had to buy 2 rear detents on my last build though - sent one across the room twice. I have like 5 extra now for my next build.

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
I'm surprised you didn't like your DPMS lower, my 2 felt solid. I had to buy 2 rear detents on my last build though - sent one across the room twice. I have like 5 extra now for my next build.
They look and feel great. I just think some of the holes are slightly out of spec. I could basically push the trigger and hammer pins in by hand. Also, I had a bit of a time with the safety selector. I should swap lowers with my current AR and pop off some rounds just to see if the pins walk.

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
They seemed way to easy to push in, I don't recall them going in that easy on my last build. Once everything was together it seemed better, but we will see I guess.
I had the same issue with a DPMS lower but they never came loose. It fit my RRA upper nice and snug with no annoying rattle too.

G

·
Discussion Starter #13
I almost always can put in hammer and trigger pins by hand. The oversize ones that come with the RRA 2-stage trigger on the other hand now thats a different story.

It does usually take a little tap from a hammer to get the hammer pin past that wire spring inside the hammer though.

G

·
Discussion Starter #14
Well, that makes me feel a little better about it. Haven't gotten the upper yet to test it out.

G

·
Discussion Starter #15
I've built 7 lowers, and never have had to "tap" the hammer or trigger pins into any of them. The legs on the springs hold them in. You'll be okie dokie.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts